October 7, 2011

Low key.☺

We attended the 12nn novena & mass at St. Jude yesterday. Right after the novena/mass, we decided to eat somewhere cheap(because we don't have that much money) that serves good food(who does want to eat bad food anyway?). My cousin, Irisse and a friend, Dianne suggested this carinderia(how a local eatery is called here in the Ph) named HappyHeny where they used to eat when they were still in college. They really swore that it serves good food so I was excited to try it.☺

I've never been that choosy when it comes to food, I actually eat anything and I'm actually not afraid to try new things. Remember the line, "you'll never know unless you try"?☺


HappyHeny's menu.
There are a lot of eateries in Mendiola area and nearby places due to the university belt and this carinderia is no exemption.☺


This has always been part of a carinderia table. Condiments! Vinegar, Soy sauce and Fish sauce.☺ 


Chopsuey(literally means assorted pieces or when it comes to food it means mixed veggies)
This tasted fine though it's different from what I've been used to eating. I love that the veggies are still crisp when you bite into it, just like how I like veggies done.☺


Lechon kawali (pan-fried pork)
I love love love this! It's love! Okay, enough on the 4 letter word. :p It tasted just right into my mouth. The seasoning, the doneness, it's perfection! Just thinking about it makes me wanna go there and eat this again. I'm aware that it's unhealthy but how can you resist if it really tasted great?☺


The spicy liver sauce for the Lechon kawali made it more delicious and more unhealthy.lol


My iced green tea, Dianne's mocha frap & Irisse's mocha espresso. 
Before heading home, we had our fixes at Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf Gateway branch, we stayed there and talked for a while. Our drinks were different from each other, I wonder if it's somewhat related with our different personalities.☺


My companions, the plaid girls, Dianne & Irisse. 
A little something about this two--they have been friends since HS. Oh and they actually didn't talked about on what they would wear, they just ended wearing plaid polo and were actually shocked when they saw each other.☺


Cousins! Irisse & Myself
I'm really close with my cousins, we can actually talk about anything and everything under the sun. We give advises and we always joke around.☺


I love that day! It was just a feel-good-chill-food-trip day. Even just for a while, it felt good that we had a break from all the BS of our lives. I'm gonna end this post with a quote from the homily of the Father in St. Jude that struck me and was stuck on my mind ever since.☺




"Faith without work is nothing."  





'Til next time!☺


Love,
A

No comments:

Post a Comment