October 14, 2011

Forever in my ♥!

 I was thinking all day today that whenever I can already afford it myself, I will travel as much as I can with no hesitation. I just love to explore new places, to discover new foods and to leave footprints to some parts of earth. And it led me to the idea to share something from my childhood. There was actually a time of my life where we spent our summer vacations in Brunei because my father worked there and instead of him coming home, Nanay(Mom), Ate(older sister) & I flew over there. I'm gonna share my vague memories out of all our stay there. :)


My favorite place in Brunei was.. hold unto your seats.. Jerudong Park! :) It's an amusement park(I've read it's the biggest in South East Asia) where the admissions and the rides are free. Yes, I'm not kidding! Brunei is a rich country maybe that's why it has been free for so many years. Sadly, my uncle told me that it changed a couple of years ago and you now have to pay for the rides though the admission is still free. :)


I actually don't remember a lot of things, maybe because I was so little then(7years old and below), I can just pin point some memories that are still on my mind. :) 


The mini pirate ship ride! There's a huge version of this for the teenagers and adults, I have not tried even once to ride that because it was scary and I think I'm under aged to ride it way back. :)


It's a shame that I can't find a decent photo of my favorite ride. The one that just goes up and down with 2 person together on a ride. I can't explain it but it was really fun and it was my personal favorite. I have never seen such ride in any other amusement parks I've been to. :)


I was covering my ears because the music was too loud not because I'm afraid of bump cars or whatnot! lol. I love bump cars up until now! I just noticed through photos that when I was a kid, I hate loud music, to the point that I just can't stand it that's why I always cover my ears. I have a lot of photos with my hands covering my ears. :D


I don't know if you noticed but Ate and I was always dressed the same clothes wherever we go! It can be different in color but same design! How fasyon! lol. Our Nanay is fond of making Ate and I wear matching clothes a while back when she can still tell us what to wear. Hahaha! :)


NOTE: The following photos below are not mine and are just copied from www.google.com. If it's yours and doesn't want it to be in this post, just email me and I will whole-heartedly remove it. :)


Mi Goreng, my family's favorite packed noodles. It's so yummy everyone that tasted it loved it! It's available in a lot of countries! :)


Milo Peng, this is my favorite drink. It's like iced Milo but with a different taste. And the difference made it more appealing to me. I try to make one at home but I always fail, I can't copy the same taste as the one where we always buy it from. :)


Teh Tarik, this is a thai milk tea. And is available in a lot of Asian restaurants. The taste is really the same as the taste from the one in Brunei. I love this drink while Ate does not. :)


Kolo Mee, this is the one I really miss the most! My family love this! I can still remember during weekends, we go some place where they serve this and it's so delicious! I swear! One time when my uncle's going home here in Manila, we asked him to bring us this one and he did! I really love it! The taste was priceless! So sad, my uncle is now based in Indonesia that's why he can't bring us Kolo Mee anymore.


I promise myself to go back to the place where a part of my childhood occurred. I want to relive some memories and hopefully make a new one that wouldn't be as vague as I have with this one. Wait for me Brunei! Some day, one day I'll be back. :)




"There is a garden in every childhood, an enchanted place where colors are brighter, the air softer, and the morning more fragrant than ever again."
-Elizabeth Lawrence





'Til next time!☺


Love,
A

2 comments: