October 5, 2011

Indulgence!♥

Last tuesday, we(my cousins and I) tried Cravings' promo on Unlimited Coffee and Cakes hence on the photo above. I've watched it on Kapuso Mo, Jessica Soho show and actually got very curious about it and really wanted to try ever since because you can have a couple of slices of cakes and cups of brewed coffee(hot or iced) for only Php 150 exclusive of 10% service charge. It's really a catch!☺ If you wanna try it, I just wanna tell you that they only serve 4 or 5 cakes per day out of all the cakes shown in the photo. Oh, and if ever you aren't informed, Cravings is CCA's very own and if I may only add, the place is really nice! I liked the interiors and the open kitchen.☺ (Praising a rival school felt like cheating on my school, Global Academy. LOL)   


We all chose iced brewed coffee. It tasted fine, ordinary brewed coffee though they put so much sugar. I recommend next time that they let the guests put the sugar on their own cup because we all have our preferences.☺


Choco-Caramel Cake
This looks kinda off but you should realize that if they serve a huge slice of cake, the guests wouldn't be able to try all of the cakes available for that day. What I can recommend is that they should slice the cake and put on the plate accordingly so it would be nice looking.☺ This cake tasted good. Really good, it's my cousin's favorite from all the cakes we've eaten that day. It is moist, the caramel is perfect, we loved it that we ended up another slice of this!☺


Honey Mango Cake
The best word to describe this cake is fine. Yes, just fine in all aspects. I would suggest to fix their recipe because the bread is crumbly and falling into pieces and that means it needs more liquid.☺


Double Chocolate Cake
This is my favorite. I love this cake! Chocolate is my happiness, it's my other half! I don't know if I have been blinded by its name or it's just magnificent! It's moist, intact but still soft, the sweetness is just right, it's heaven in a plate for goodness' sake!☺  


Black & White Cake
All of us didn't like this cake the most. It's too sweet, the white part specially! I get it that cakes are supposed to be sweet but when you eat a cake in a mouthful with all of its parts, the sweetness should be balanced out but in this particular case, it didn't!


Overall, the experience was great and it's sulit!☺ All of us ate 5 slices of cake, a cup of iced brewed coffee and 2 glasses of water. We were so full after and I don't even want to smell or look at any kind of food!(LOL) We felt so high of all the sugar intake we got. We literally understood the meaning of sugar rush and swear that we ain't gonna eat a cake for a week.  :p


"Stressed spelled backwards is desserts. Coincidence? I think not!"
-Anon

"I am not a glutton--I am an explorer of food."
-Erma Bombeck


'Til next time!☺


Love,
A

No comments:

Post a Comment