June 1, 2014

The Sweet Spot

The Sweet Spot is fairly new in Maginhawa Street area, it opened a few months ago.  I know the owner, Chef Ching Calderon because she was my Baking & Pastry Arts Chef instructor at Global Academy.  I got curious about her business venture that's why I tried the food there weeks after it opened.

Upon entering the cafe, I loved the amazing interior and my eyes were instantly drawn into the bookshelf since I love reading and its quite rare here in the Philippines for cafes to have mini library for customers to indulge in.  The place is cozy and vibrant.  I would love to study there, or read a book in a corner, or even bring friends to catch up.  But the most important thing of all is the food, I loved the food! Everything we ordered were delicious, sumptuous, and the menu were not your usual cafe selections that's why everything was special.  

Grilled Vegetable Pasta (Php 160.00)
The healthy option. Linguine pasta with grilled zucchini, eggplant, and chunky tomato sauce.

The Triple B (Php 180.00)
Beef Broccoli in a brioche or optionally served with steamed rice.

Pulled Pork Adobo (P160.00)
Adobo flakes, kesong puti, sunny-side up egg topped with atchara on freshly baked pan de sal.

Kung Pao Chicken Pasta (Php 180.00)
Oriental chicken, peanuts, and stir fry vegetables in slightly spicy and sweet sauce.

Southwestern Grilled Chicken Penne Pasta (Php 200.00)
A taste of the American Southwest Hickory barbecued chicken breast strips in chunky tomato sauce and bellpeppers.

Cheesesteak Sandwich (Php 180.00)
Juicy beef sirloin strips, caramelized onions and bellpeppers topped with mozzarella cheese.



I reckon that it would've been a sin to go to The Sweet Spot without trying the sweet stuff.  Right?  My favorite part of every meal, dessert.
Dulce de Leche Cheesecake

Cream Puff and Eclair

The dessert was the cherry on top of the whole experience.  I want to go back and eat the food on the menu that I haven't tried yet! :)  The Sweet Spot is located at Unit 6 G/F, #189 Maginhawa Street corner Makadios Street, Sikatuna Village 1101 Quezon City, Philippines.  You can contact them at (02)435 3045.  They're open everyday from 8am to 10pm. I hope you enjoy their food as much as I did! :)



                                                                                             Toodles!☺

No comments:

Post a Comment