June 6, 2014

Decadence.

Conti's is a popular pastry shop and restaurant in Manila.  It is well-known for their specialty cake called Mango Bravo, a cake made from layers of wafers filled with chocolate mousse, cream, and mango bits.  

I have always wanted to try Conti's savory food because all I ever tasted before was their cakes.  So one time when I was out and about with my family, I decided to bring them at Conti's Bakeshop & Restaurant's Katipunan branch.  I'm always the one who decides where we're going to eat every time we're out, so they just went along with me, as always. :D

Calamari (Php 160.00)
Deep fried squid rings, served with tartar sauce.
Calamari is a staple finger food in the Philippines and you can never go wrong ordering it as an appetizer.  I would order this once again for the tartar sauce! :)

Buffalo Wings (Php 200.00)
Chicken wings glazed with zesty tomato sauce, served with bleu cheese dip.
My family have this buffalo wings addiction that every time it's available on the menu, we cannot not order it.  I prefer the sauce to be spicier, but it's still good though.  Bleu cheese is an acquired taste so what I find horrible can be delicious to another person.

Linguine in Pesto Sauce with Seafood (Php 300.00)
Rich green basil sauce served on linguine with seafood.
This is a winner! I swear! I always order pesto, if available, in every restaurant I dine in because pesto can only be spot on or garbage food; no in-between.  And in this case, it's really spot on.  Even my brother, who is so picky with his food, loved it! :)

Conti's Baked Salmon (Php 360.00)
Norwegian pink salmon baked with their very own topping, served with buttered vegetables and java rice.
I died and went to food heaven!  I. Love. This. Dish.  Though I ate it with plain rice, not the java rice that goes with it.  I will recommend this to everyone.  I can eat this every single day for the rest of my life.  Okay, that's an exaggeration but it's really that good!  Do you see that burnt bits?  That's garlic!  It's amazing!  This salmon ensemble deserves to be their signature dish because it's really really yummy!

Chicken ala Kiev (Php 290.00)
Breaded and deep fried chicken breast filled with cheese and herbs, topped with creamy sauce, served with buttered vegetables and garlic rice.
My sister said this is just an a-okay dish.  She said it's a little bland for her taste and it lacks the kick that makes a dish amazing, like there's something missing.

Roast Beef in Mushroom Sauce (Php 350.00)
Slices of beef in mushroom sauce, served with buttered vegetables and mashed potato or garlic rice.
My brother-in-law loved this!  He finished everything and even had two cups of rice while doing so.  By that, I think it's really good.

Philly Cheesesteak (Php 200.00)
Thinly sliced grilled steak covered with sauteed mushrooms, onions, peppers and cheese on French bread.
I like everything sans the French bread.  I have never been a fan of it.  But nevertheless, a bite of this sandwich is like a really really comforting hug in your mouth(if that even makes sense); the cheese melts in the steak strips, and with the right amount of mushroom, onion and pepper, I forgot that I didn't like eating baguette.

Hearty Club Sandwich (Php 260.00)
Double-decker sandwich of crispy bacon, sliced ham, chicken salad, and cheddar cheese on French toast bread.  Served with potato chips.
Sorry for the blurred photo.  This is my brother's sandwich, like seriously, he's in love with club sandwich.  If I ever have my own cafe or restaurant in the future, I'm gonna call the club sandwich--Ace's Sandwich.  Like the calamari, you can not go wrong ordering this. :)

In my life, I can honestly and whole-heartedly say there is always room for dessert.  Always and forever. :p


Sans Rival (Php 95.00)
Layers of chewy wafers filled with butter icing and cashew nuts.
Sans Rival is a family favorite!  We're always critical with this particular cake and this slice, passed our taste buds.  It's not too sweet, it's crunchy and chewy at the same time.  We ended up buying a whole cake afterwards! :)  

Bananalicious Pie (Php 95.00)
Buttery crust filled with vanilla cream and chunks of ripe bananas topped with cashew nuts, chocolate and caramel syrups on whipped cream icing.
I cannot honestly remember how this tasted!  And that's not a good thing because good food should be unforgettable, like memories it can put a stamp on your mind.  I can't say if I liked it but it sure looks good. :D

Mango Bravo (Php 155.00)
Layers of crunchy wafers filled with chocolate mousse, cream, and mango cubes.
If Sans Rival is my most favorite cake, this can be second!  I'm currently at loss for words to describe how amazing this cake tastes.  Everyone should try this.  So if you haven't yet, go for it!  And if you already have, I'm happy for you! :)

Molten Chocolate Cake ala Mode (Php 190.00)
A deliciously soft textured cake, with a smooth choco lava hidden inside.  Topped with vanilla ice cream for your indulgence.
Mouth-watering is the perfect word to describe this dessert!  Every bite is worth every calorie, mind you.  It's like a marriage of contradiction; between chocolate and vanilla, hotness and coldness, and last but not the least the firmness of the outside and the gooey-ness of the inside of the cake. :)

With everything I ate that day, I still had the courage to have an OOTD moment. Haha :p Anyhoo, click here for the list of branches of Conti's Bakeshop and Restaurant.  I am confident to say that I can't wait to come back and eat there again.  It's one of those restaurants that you won't mind going back to over and over again.  :)



                                                                                               Cheerios!☺

No comments:

Post a Comment