June 19, 2014

Escapade.

Traveling has got to be the best thing in the world.  At this point in my life, traveling the world is a little out of reach so my current goal is to travel my country first.  Naturally, Davao, the Crown Jewel of Mindanao, is included in my list of places to go to here in the Philippines.  I've never been to Mindanao, this is a first for me!  Lots of firsts for this trip.☺
  
All the hassle we had that day was horrendous!  We were stuck for an hour or so in a really bad traffic that's why we missed our flight then we had to go to a ticketing office to book a new flight but unfortunately their card swipe machine was broken so we had to pay in cash.  To top it all off, we waited for 6 hours or so for our next flight!  We arrived around 9pm in Davao and just stayed in our hotel room since we're too tired to go out after that amazing day spent in the airport.

New day!  New luck!  We were refreshed from a good night's sleep and we were ready to conquer Samal Island.  This is the only decent photo I had during that day since I didn't bring my phone in the island.  The island was okay; We went to the bat cave and we dropped by at the Blue Water resort but we opted to stay at Maxima Aqua Fun for the water activities that I chickened out at.  Haha!  I was no fun that day, I just swam around the sea.  But my cousins were more adventurous than I was, they slid through the sea twice!  They said it was so fun.  I promise to try it next time! :)

The night of our official 1st day, we decided to have dinner at Jack's Ridge Restaurant.  The view of the city was breathtaking.  Imagine being in Tagaytay or Antipolo.  And the food was good too!  I didn't know I was gonna blog this experience that's why I didn't take any more photos.  Minus blogger points for me!

The main reason why I badly wanted to go to Davao is because of this.  Davao Wild Water Adventure!  This is the ultimate adrenaline rush experience!  I almost backed out at the last minute when I saw the current but I just pushed myself to go through it.  



A still from when our raft capsized!  I thought I was going to die!  I drank too much dirty river water.  Haha!  But all throughout, I kept in mind the protocols that was taught before.  The adventure lasted for almost 4 hours and we braved 13 kilometers of wild water.  That's crazy amazing!

"Huwag maging dayuhan sa sariling bayan."


SURVIVED!  We can now call ourselves adrenaline junkies.  I can't wait for our next girls weekend escape!



Greenwindows Dormitel                                                             
5th Floor FTC TOWER, 1034                                                               
Mt. Apo Street, 8000 Davao City                                                          
+63 82.300.3893                                                                                  
+63 82.300.3896
                                                                                  
Base Camp River Rafting
Madrazo Fruit Complex
C. Bangonoy St., Davao City
+63 932.350.0921
+63 927.275.6099


                                                                                   Ta ta!☺

No comments:

Post a Comment