April 2, 2013

Buzzin' Night!

Last December, I made a post that I'm watching my most favorite band in the world. And that, my friend, already happened 2 days ago--03.31.13.☺ I ticked off 2 things from my bucket list that night: I watched the concert alone(but not lonely, soooo far from being lonely) and I saw The Script perform live. I still can't believe until now that has happened. I loved every bit of it and I wouldn't trade the experience for the world!

The Script is an alternative-rock band from Dublin, Ireland; consisting of Danny O'Donoghue as lead vocals, Mark Sheehan as guitarist and backing vocals, and Glen Power as drummer and backing vocals. They're known for their smashing hits like Breakeven, The Man Who Can't Be Moved, Nothing, Science and Faith, For the First Time, and the recent ones like Hall of Fame, If You Could See Me Now, and Six Degrees of Separation.☺

I didn't have the best seat of the night but I got a pretty amazing seat nevertheless, just not front row and center. Ambitious much?! Haha! All the videos or photos in this post are mine otherwise stated. And please don't expect high quality videos or photos because I only used my phone to capture some parts of the show. And I was singing my heart out and jumping up and down so you can hear my voice in some parts and the videos are shaky. Haha! Anyhoo, enjoy watching and reading!


They started with the song Good Ol' Days followed by We Cry and then this, Breakeven. This is the song that made me fall in love with them, and just like what they say; the rest is history. It's sooo surreal to watch them live because I know all their songs and there had been a couple of moments in the show that I wanna cry but I fought back my tears because I'm not gonna stop crying when the tears start falling. Oops, rhyming moment there! Haha ☺

After the heartbreaking song Breakeven, they inserted Science and Faith which is appropriate for what they're going after, a roller coaster ride of emotion for the fans.☺

Don't mind my screams, I'm so embarrassing but I can't not(yes! cannot not!) put this video! You know, I can't! Haha! All throughout the night, we sang along but this is special because all the people, I mean everyone, knows(knew) the lyrics of The Man Who Can't Be Moved by heart. I had goose bumps while singing along, the crowd was amazing. The Script was spectacular!(SCRIPTACULAR!!!)

A song about love and loss, but not about the love The Script's songs are usually about. One of my favorites from their new album #3. I can totally feel their pain and love, I admire Danny and Mark's courage to write something this personal!

 
One of the reasons why I love The Script is because the lyrics of their songs tugs in your heart. Whether you can relate or not, it stings a little, doesn't it? Hah! :p Anyway, Before the Worst should be right before If You Ever Come Back but they didn't perform IYECB. I was so affected at the time because I love that song and I wanna hear it live, I assumed it will be part of the set list because it'd been included in their past shows but apparently, they omitted it for the SouthEast Asian leg.

I got this photo from The Script's official twitter page. Every show they have, anywhere in the world, they take a photo with the audience as background while doing or wearing stuff that represents the place where they are. And since it was Easter Sunday that day, they'd been appropriate with bunnies while Danny wore a Manny Pacquiao jacket and gloves. Cutie pie lads!☺

This part of the concert right here is mind blowing. Well, mind blowing for Marvin, the guy on the other end of the phone. Haha! Danny and Mark asked the audience to call their ex and give the phone to Danny for him(and us! Haha!) to sing to that ex. That's a brilliant touch and I commend whoever thought of that trick. Soooo good and unique!

  
They gave their all. I'm super satisfied with everything! And Danny spent a lot of time in the fans' reach, and that's surprising because I've been to a pretty decent number of concerts and international artists just don't get off the stage all the time and Danny did it like he doesn't care at all with the fans' touching his body, holding his hands and arms and not letting go, forcing a hug, or trying to get a kiss. I'm sooo impressed!

I love tons of their songs, but this is at the top of the list. I'm so in love with this song and the video was short because I just wanna feel the song, sing, and enjoy. I will forever love For the First Time, and if you haven't seen yet; Its' music video is my favorite from all The Script's MVs! :D

The shakiest video ever because I was walking, tiptoeing, and screaming at the top of my lungs to see Danny a few inches away from me. I'm so happy, I was stunned! But I got to see him for a few seconds because he passed through in front of me. He's sooo gorg, I wanna faint! I can't believe he's single! Haha! This is the first part of the 2 song encore, and Danny showed up at the side of the coliseum. My side! Woot! I'm so happy with the ticket I got!

This video is not mine.☺ But it showcases For the First Time, You Won't Feel A Thing, Hall of Fame, and the "encore-after-the-encore"-only-in-the-Philippines-Good-Ol'-Days-repeat.They're so generous for doing another song after the fans shouted "We want more! We want more!" They were supposed to get out of the stage after Hall of Fame like in every other show they did for #3 World Tour but they performed another song and still gave their all! Maybe they like their Filipino fans' reception that's why they did that. Hands down!☺
They totally made up for my sadness from omitting If You Ever Come Back from the set list. I have No Words but I felt like a Millionaire and they're in my Hall of Fame. See what I did there? :p


OTHER HIGHLIGHTS:
**Danny's twirls. I paid to see that and I wasn't let down! Saw Danny twirling for a couple of times and there's one moment that he twirled for 4x consecutively. Ugh! How can I move on? Haha
**All throughout the show, Mark keeps on throwing the guitar peaks he used to the audience. Lucky fans! It's like he has dozens of guitar peaks in his body!☺
**Glen's drum stick twirl before or during a song. Don't you just love men who plays musical instruments and they're good? Ugh!
**Mark and Danny chugging San Mig Light. Mark won!!! And Danny poured his leftover beer to his head/face. Badass!
**I find it funny that Danny's wearing an Ellen briefs. Haha! Saw that detail when they took a bow. :D
**I really can't get over the encore after the encore. Totally memorable for me and I hope for the lads too!


Oh, we'll remember this night when we're old and gray; 'Cause in the future these will be the good ol' days.


I'm totally gonna watch The Script again when they come back. I hope they do soon! I'm still so high up to now from that buzzin' night two freaking nights ago. I really don't know how to get over their "amazingness." They made me dancing on air happy! That feeling is rare in my life these days so I'm very thankful.


xx
A

2 comments:

  1. Love your post, girl! I've watched every video not only twice but thrice. :)

    ReplyDelete