April 5, 2013

Alyssa before Wanderland

It's official! I'm attending the first ever Karpos Wanderland 2013 on May 18. It's the premiere of what's going to be a legit annual music festival in the Philippines! You can describe Wanderland of Manila as a toddler-Laneway of Singapore or baby-Coachella of California. This is going to be my first ever music festival and I'm so excited not just because of the first-time-feeling but because I'm seeing The Temper Trap and Neon Trees live as well! Ticking stuff off my bucket list is my most favorite thing to do in the world!☺ I've liked both bands for a couple of years now. I discovered Sweet Dispostion from (500) Days of Summer while Animal from a radio host here in Manila that plays the song everyday in his show two or three years back. When I first heard both songs, both bands simply won me over. They sound very different but that's what I like most about music, it's not just about the beat or sound, but it's also about the lyrics and can also be about just the right feeling you get simply from listening to some songs.

Oh yes, it's a music fest so there are tons of artists from abroad and from here! I just focused on The Temper Trap and Neon Trees because I like them so much, I'm so glad they're coming here, and even more glad that I'm attending!☺

I've been reading stuff that says the ticket price's too expensive. But I personally think that thought depends on how you perceive things. Imagine watching 11 bands in a price of 1 plus seeing arts stuff that's going to be showcased in the festival? That's a freaking catch! Don't think of me as a spoiled girl who gets everything she wants because I also get that it's so damn hard to put out that amount of money and poof it's gone. So it all boils down on how much you want to watch the bands or if it's worth your money. Wanna know my take? You can read blog posts or like photos all you want but being there is a different story, being the one who posts the moment of the experience is a good feeling. And looking back after months or even years is bliss!

So internationally, I'm obsessing over the 2 bands above while locally, I'm also so excited to watch Up Dharma Down! Armi Millare's voice is heaven! So there, I know 3 bands; Actually I know 4 because I'm aware of Nada Surf because of One Tree Hill. I always prep myself up before concerts so I'm gonna prep myself up with this festival by trying to listen to some of the songs of other artists who are included in the line up, just to get to know them a little.☺ 

I hope to see you there! Buy your ticket! Go! Push! Let's prove everyone that it's more fun in the Philippines and let's have the best time of our lives that day! Deal?!


xx
A

No comments:

Post a Comment