April 12, 2013

♪ It's like my heart stopped beating...

When I was informed last February or March that Lawson, a British pop/rock band, is coming to Manila, I instantly said I'm sooo watching them! Because I love them, they look good! Right? :D And that's not all, their songs are really good for my opinion. My cousin introduced them to me and I instantly liked them after listening to their songs. As the date of their arrival approaches, my plans changed. I decided not to buy a ticket for their gig anymore because I have something else more important to buy. I was so bummed that I'm not going to see them!

Fast forward to April 9, 2013, my cousin(who introduced me to listen to Lawson) and I decided to go to Eastwood City without tickets or without even planning on buying one. We hoped to just hear them play live and that'd be enough. We were surprised that we saw them perform! We saw Andy Brown(vocals & guitar), Ryan Fletcher(bassist), Joel Peat(lead guitar), and Adam Pitts(drummer). We arrived in Eastwood at past 8pm and then a few minutes after we arrived, they started playing! Isn't that meant to be? OMG. I wanted to faint! Haha. Anyway, here are my videos. I'm a little far from the stage because as I've said, I don't have a ticket(prudent much?), but the sound quality's good sooo enjoy watching or listening.☺

Early on, when I'm just starting to listen to them, this is one of my favorite songs from their album. And I'm happy that they performed this!☺ They showcased 8 songs, 2 covers(Moves Like Jagger & Don't You Worry Child) and 6 songs(Make It Happen, Gone, Learn to Love Again, Taking Over Me, When She Was Mine, & Standing in the Dark) from their first ever album Chapman Square.☺

All four of them made my night! I loooove the part when Andy and Joel danced Ryzza's cha-cha. And I can't help but laugh when Andy changed some of the lyrics of Maroon 5's Moves Like Jagger, especially the line "moves like Ryzza." They were having so much fun on stage that it rubs off to the audience! I was smiling the whole freaking time like I'm a fool. LOL. And I'm not gonna be able to sleep if I'm not gonna tell you this, Andy's soooo gorg! Actually all four of them are really hot but Andy's just my favorite member. Like, I'm not even kidding! I'm stunned until now!

Foreign artists love when fans or audiences sing the lyrics right back at them during gigs or concerts, and it's a perfect match because Filipinos love to sing and not just that, we sing the right lyrics at the right tune! Oooh, I really love the sing along part in any concert I've been to!☺ Anyway, did you notice that they sound like they're recorded? Yes, they're that good! And I'm so happy I got to see them for free(Haha!) before they get extremely famous because I'm pretty sure when they come back here in Manila, they're gonna play at the Smart Araneta Coliseum or SM Arena already and their ticket prices is gonna be crazy! Mark my word, love.☺

The last song. Encore. Everyone's favorite. The band members said in their past interviews that this song is the epitome of what sound they're going after. And I can't be more excited with their next album! I'm crossing my fingers on seeing them again, soon. Maybe next year? Aaaah, I love these lads especially Andeeeeeeeey! :p LAWESOME!!!



♪ 'Cause you're moving on to someone;
And I don't belong to no one. ♪


xx
A

No comments:

Post a Comment