April 24, 2013

"The belly rules the mind."

Sometime ago, more like ages ago, my family and I ate in Lugang's just opened(THEN) branch in SM North The Block. Every time I go out, which is rare because I'm a lazy bum, I try my best to eat somewhere I haven't eaten yet. That's sorta hard to do when I'm with my whole family because my little brother is a typical boy who always insists on his favorite fast food chains but luckily this time, maybe with God's help, I won the debate and we dined here in Lugang Cafe.
Lugang Cafe is a Taiwanese cuisine serving dining place brought here in Metro Manila from Shanghai and Beijing. It is recognized by Philippine Tatler's 100 Best Restaurants Awards and since it already have a couple of branches here in Manila, it clearly won Filipinos' taste buds.☺

Lime Green Tea something. I'm not sure and I can't find it in the web! Boohoo! But I loved it! I'm gonna choose this drink over again.

My family had been eating to different Chinese restaurants ever since I can remember! And soup is a must for us! Wonton Soup for starters, to heat the belly up! Though it's already sizzling here in Manila, it's still a must for us.☺

This is phenomenal! Steamed Pork Xiao Long Bao. Love at first bite! I think I can finish all of this in a seating! Last week when I went out with my mother to run errands, I almost forced her to eat here in Lugang just to order this but that didn't happen because my attention went to another cafe I've been wanting to try since forever, and that cafe won at the time so I'm gonna post about that experience soon enough.☺ Going back, you have to eat at Lugang! And you have to order this dimsum Xiao Long Bao. I don't even care if you order pork or shrimp or vegetable, just try this dimsum and see for yourself why I'm rambling. Haha!


I also cannot find the name of this viand anywhere in the web but it has curry. That's a little obvious, isn't it? :p I haven't mentioned yet that I ordered everything and since I'm in love with curry, I cannot pass on this yummm.☺

The reason why it's sooo hard to lose weight. Haha! Blame it on the rice. Fried rice for that matter. :D 

Salt and Pepper Oyster. A very simple dish yet very tasty. And who doesn't love calamari w a twist anyway?☺

Dong Bo Pork Belly. This is sinful yet yummy! How can someone resist? The pork is cooked sooo tender, you won't have a hard time chewing! Heck, you don't even need to put pressure on your utensils when cutting it off. Green leafy vegy to balance it out a little. And the sauce, oh the sauce, it's like a fusion of awesomeness in a dish!☺

These steamed bun is included when you order the Pork Belly but since everyone in my family is a rice person, we didn't notice this one. Haha!

Oreo Ice Cream for my little brother. The serving was huge we ended up sharing!☺


"Worries go down better with soup."


xx
A

No comments:

Post a Comment