July 26, 2011

Inhale, exhale!

Beware: This is a catch up post! I haven't been posting anything due to my busy schedule. And I meant it! Last week has been the busiest week of my life! No exaggeration. You'll soon see why..

My scheduled week started last last Friday, July 15, 2011. I got a call from school two days beforehand that I was supposed to go to school to observe the batch that's taking their restaurant simulation. I got giddy and all about it because it would be my first time to be in school during restaurant week, as we, students, call it. While talking on the phone I asked some details and the representative from school mentioned that I was one of our batch's Sous Chef. *insert big smile here*

So this is how it goes.. there would be 3 Sous Chef in our batch because there would be 3 groups. In each group, the Sous Chef will lead it. If ever you don't know, the Sous Chef is the one next in line after the Executive Chef in any kitchen establishment. And in our case, with our restaurant simulation, the Executive Chef is the Chef Instructor. ☺

Are you tired yet with all the reading? Haha! So here's what happened during my observation..   
    
I jotted down a lot of notes of what to improve, what to avoid and what not's. I just stayed in a corner where I would not be a hindrance in their work. ☺ See how busy they are? The photo actually didn't do the justice. They were so busy I wasn't able to talk to any of them! Actually, they weren't even chatting at all! All of them are serious. 



And honestly, I got so terrified of the responsibility I had on my shoulders. I saw right then and there what I have to do and I realized that it's no joke to be the Sous Chef. It's a privileged and a big responsibility at the same time. ☺



I only got to take these two photos. I was so focused in observing because I don't wanna mess up when it's our time of service and I didn't actually finished their service because I don't wanna go home so late. And during that night, I contemplated about what Peter Parker aka Spiderman once said..

"With great power comes great responsibility."



Love,
A

No comments:

Post a Comment