July 5, 2011

Infinity ♥

A while ago, we made a fondant wedding cake as part of my baking class in Global Academy. It was by partner and the only rule was the covering fondant of the cake should be white then the rest is up to us. :)

I actually thought of the name Infinity because I'm the type of person that's romantic and I actually love weddings that's why I'm sort of inspired while doing everything. On the other hand, Rose, my partner, thought of the team name. She played with words and wanted it to be funny, that's why she thought of Team Tation Island. With our team, I'm more of the serious type and she's more of the fun side. It's ironic that I'm the one who's younger yet I'm more serious. :) 

It was supposed to be half work of the two people, my partner and I divided the work. The plan was I'm doing the top part and she's supposed to do the bottom part but Mommy Rose had a hard time rolling out the fondant that's why I did both. I rolled out and put the fondant of both the upper and the lower part. When it comes to the ribbon(the lining at the bottom part of each round of cake), I also did both. And I'm also the one who put the pearl piping & the infinity sign piping, though Mommy Rose made the royal icing. She also made all the flowers and she's the one who wrote our signage. She allowed me to do whatever I wanted though I always ask her permission before doing anything because after all it's a team product. I, myself, decided about the color and the design. :)

This is Rose with our cake. :)

Hello! ♥

Infinity Cake by Alyssa Alejandro & Rose Antalan :)

Top view.

I can't help myself in taking photos. That's the result of hardwork! :)

Close shot of the Antorium and the yellow ribbon. :)

Look at my Infinity sign and pearl piping. The infinity sign needs to be smoother. The pearl piping is so hard to do but worth it! "It made the cake more complex." as what Chef Ching Calderon said. And Chef Ching also said that given the time pressure, we should have not put the infinity sign at all because without the sign the cake would have been already enough. :)     

Mommy Rose' flowers. I made just one and then I concentrated with the cake. :)

"There's no ceiling on effort!"
-Harvey C. Fruehauf

Love,

A

2 comments: