October 16, 2012

Book fetish 2.


The photo above bears the books I've read all through out 2012. I know it's kind of too early to pack my shelves up but I'm just so happy that for the first time I'm gonna finish my Reading Challenge on goodreads for this year. At the start of the year, I decided to challenge myself to read 20 books and as of today, I already read 19. *wink* 

Some of the books I've read are already posted in this blog. 4 Blondes, The Wedding, A Walk to Remember, Safe House, The Perks of Being a Wallflower, and Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children are in this post while The Hunger Games trilogy is here. I usually write my book reviews(with spoilers!) on my goodreads account. I won't spoil anything in this post, I'll just share some insights.☺ Here we go:


WELL DONE!♥
You'll wonder, raise an eyebrow, contemplate and then you'll realize something and learn. It's one of a kind! The tapes, the turn of events, the amazing story itself is one of the reason you should read it!☺
"A lot of you cared, just not enough."

MEDIUM RARE.
Have you read The Devils Wear Prada? If you liked it, read this. It's pretty much the same plot. If you don't, jump to the next book baby.☺
"But I cheered myself up slightly with the rationalization that all new relationships-even fictional ones-have obstacles to overcome in the beginning. I would not give up hope on this one. Not yet."

MEDIUM WELL.
I don't wanna read this at first because I thought it's gonna be like The Perks of Being a Wallflower but I am so wrong and I loved it more than The Perks. You can relate with each character at least one at a time in the entire story. I don't know if it's just my interpretation but there's depth with each character. I was blown away by this book!
"If only we could see the endless string of consequences that result from our smallest actions." 

MEDIUM WELL.
This is the 2nd book of the Divergent trilogy. I loved the 1st one that's why I bought a copy and read this the instant it came out. A lot of questions from the 1st book had been cleared with this one, but it's hanging at the end and I can't bloody wait for the 3rd and final, still un-named installment!
"The truth has a way of changing people's plans." 

WELL DONE!♥
I'm obsessed with Sex and the City that's why I read The Carrie Diaries and this, its sequel. This 2nd book is actually better than the 1st one and I'm dying to read the 3rd book! The end of this book is so hanging, I wanna cry! But my anticipation is a cue that the book is really good, right?☺
"I'm not ashamed of anything I've done. Shame is a useless emotion."

RARE!!!
It's so good I wanna read a whole book with Four's point of view! It's only rare because this e-book showcases only a scene in the Divergent book. Only a scene!!! One scene! One. The feeling is like just letting you have a bite, one freaking bite, of a perfectly-done-great-tasting-medium(how I like it done!) steak!!! I really hope Veronica Roth releases a whole book with Four's perspective! I'll beg! I'll sign a petition for it! I'll even bet it'd be a hit!
"I feel like someone is pressing me into a mold that does not fit my body, forcing me into the wrong shape."

WELL DONE!♥
I've always wanted to read this classic novel because I was so curious! First, why it won the Pulitzer and why it lasted. Second, why it is Victoria Beckham's favorite book. And third, because it played a huge role on Pretty Little Liars for Ezra Fitz and Aria Montgomery's story. And it did not disappoint! The book is so good I recommend it to everyone! There are certain boring parts, but all in all it's a good book nevertheless.☺
"Until I feared I would lose it, I never loved to read. One does not love breathing." 

WELL DONE!♥
At first, while reading the first few chapters I thought John Green let me down and wrote a book that's pretty much like my favorite Looking for Alaska. But as the story progresses, Paper Towns showed its own character, its own story line, its uniqueness, and its one of a kind beauty of words and thoughts. I was, again, blown away!
"It is easy to forget how full the world is of people, full to bursting, and each of them imaginable and consistently misimagined."

MEDIUM.
I decided to read this because I need some inspirational thoughts and I know that Coelho is known for his inspirational books that actually tells a story, usually about himself, and turns out to have tons of good thoughts or realizations all through out the book. Aleph is a spiritual and personal journey of Paulo Coelho that can make you realize a lot of things. I don't believe in some of his beliefs but it doesn't stop me from reading some more because at one point in time, you can relate to some of the people in the story.
"Only two things can reveal life's greatest secrets: suffering and love."

I'm not a professional book reviewer but I'm passionate about reading. I recommend it, I do it, and I'm in love with it. I'm actually ecstatic about the thought of reading because I'm enjoying, I'm learning, and I'm passing time. Nowadays, there are tons of people reading stuff because they're popular or because a lot of people read that material but I kind of disagree with that because to borrow and paraphrase Harriet Van Horne. For me, reading is like cooking and love, it should be entered into with abandon, or not at all.


A

No comments:

Post a Comment