April 10, 2012

May the odds be ever in your favor.

 When my cousin showed me the trailer of The Hunger Games last year, I instantly blurted that I'm gonna watch it. The story really gain my interest..

I learned from my previous experience about books turned into films that I should never read the book before watching the movie. And so I didn't! I watched the movie first and I was really amazed with the story and the characters that I wanted to read the book right away..

And then I did! I read these 3 books for 3 1/2 days. I'm so hooked that I can't put the book down. I keep on telling myself that I'm gonna rest after a chapter only to find out reading the next and next and the next until I finish them all. Yes, the story is that good, I assure you!☺

NOTE: MINOR DETAILS FROM THE MOVIE AND THE BOOKS COMING UP!☺
Favorite scenes: 
In the movie, I liked the reaping scene because it stay true with the book and I also liked the parts where Katniss isn't being shown, because it's not in the book since the book is in Katniss's perspective.☺
In the book, there's just so many scenes I love but I love the most is when Katniss wore a wedding dress and when she spun, she turned out to be a Mockingjay. That's so sick, I love it! I also love the scenes, mind you, the scenes when Cinna tells Katniss that he's betting on her. I can feel real friendship there. I can go on and on, so I really recommend that you read the book because it's worth your time and effort.☺ 

Favorite characters:
Haymitch Abernathy - He's the victor of the 50th Hunger Games from District 12 and at first, he seems to be the wrong mentor to have because he's always drunk and he's unwilling to help but then as the story unfolds, he's the best mentor any tribute could ever have. I love him from the movie up to the book.
Finnick Odair - He's the victor of the 65th Hunger Games from District 4 and just like Haymitch, you won't like him at first for being so consumed of himself but then when you learn his story and his true self, you will love him like no other. He's lovable, strong and so brave he risked his own life.
Cinna - "Remember girl on fire, I'm still betting on you." He's District 12's, specifically Katniss Everdeen's stylist. Katniss will never be the girl on fire if not for him and his creations were magnificent, I love everything he did. But most especially, with all the hardships Katniss is going through with the Capitol and being in between of Gale and Peeta, Cinna has been the truest friend she can ever have and I'm a sucker of real friendship so this really tops my list of all the characters I come to love while reading the books.

Favorite setting:
I can't wait for the Catching Fire and Mockingjay movie because I can't hardly wait how they will showcase the fabulous Capitol, the amazing clock arena for the 75th Hunger Games and the unimaginable underground bunker on District 13. I hope the movie do not disappoint since they have such a long time to prepare.

Favorite quotes:
"May the odds be ever in your favor.
"Hope is the only thing more powerful than fear." -President Coriolanus Snow (movie)
"You know, you could live a thousand lifetimes and not deserve him." -Haymitch Abernathy
"What I need is the dandelion in the spring. The bright yellow that means rebirth instead of destruction. The promise that life can go on, no matter how bad our losses. That it can be good again." -Katniss Everdeen
"You love me. Real or not real?" -Peeta Mellark
"No, you won her over. Gave up everything for her. Maybe that's the only way to convince her you love her." -Gale Hawthorne
"They'll either want to kill you, kiss you or be you." -Finnick Odair

Lesson:
A lot of people disdain the story because they say it's too brutal, killing someone just for the sake of being the victor but I beg to disagree with them, it's not killing someone because they wanted to instead they did because they have to and besides it's not just any other crap stories instead it made me realize how blessed I am with what I have and with what I can achieve with the freedom I have. The story also made me believe that whatever hard times we're going through, it will be better, maybe not right away but definitely soon.♥


Your loving THG fanatic,
A

No comments:

Post a Comment