April 27, 2012

18.

Last April 18, my cousin Ressa Angela celebrated her 18th birthday(hence with the title) at their place. The event started a little too chaotic because the electricity went out but luckily with our answered prayers, God guided Meralco to give us light to continue the celebration. The program or the 18s started a little too late but thankfully some of the guests were still there. And as the saying goes, the show must go on!☺

I'm advertising my cutie little cupcakes, I'm gonna make a special post on that one soon. Pardon w the clothes hanging at the back! Oh, considerate neighbors.

COUSINS FOREVER!♥ (L-R) Lyka, Tin, Patty, Angge, Jhillin, Jaja, Jeje & moi.♥

Happiness!☺ I'm always oh-so-happy when I'm with them. When God showered great cousins, I was so there arms wide open.☺ (L-R) Patty, Jaja, moi & Drix.♥

Pardon us, we're simply camera whores. :p

I was the not so traditional host that night and Drix(left) was the dj and Apols(right) was just hanging with us in our corner or should I say the dj's corner.☺
I just had to have a photo with the callalily. I love lilies!☺

Here I am, striking a pose with the now legal, Angge.☺ (So sorry for my slippers, my feet were already sore this time due to my heels that's why I gave up and changed into this out of theme slippers.)

I was part of Angge's 18 Scrolls and I just want to share my letter...

Dear Angge,
I’ve been lost for words when I was starting to write something up for this scroll. I don’t actually know where to start, we have known each other all our lives it’s hard to sum it up in just a piece of paper. I then searched for a quote to jumpstart my writing and found this: “Cousins are those childhood playmates who grow up to be forever friends.”  and “A cousin is a ready-made friend for life.” We’re exactly what the quotes described. We can talk about anything and everything and all these years we’ve been each other’s confidante. I can’t actually remember us having a big argument, ever; maybe because when we have contrasting ideas, we simply agree to disagree. You had been a good listener all these years, but not just that, you also know when to butt in and speak your thoughts out. You’re kind of a spoiled kid, which is given because you’re the only daughter, but I observed that you also know when to stop asking, you know when enough is enough. You’re 18 now and I want you to enjoy this stage of your life, don’t rush things out. Time flies by so fast, there’s no point in rushing. Everything will fall into their right places in your life, in God’s time. For now, all you have to do is to study hard, get that diploma on time to make Mama and Papa proud while you’re enjoying everything that’s given to you. And for all the things that you desire which are not given to you, remember that you have all your life to get these things. I’ve read somewhere that you can have it all, you just have to work hard for it. Lastly, I want you to know that I am always here for you when you need anything or even when you don’t need anything, I’m just gonna stick around and I’ve got your back all the time. “Friends are forever, cousins are for life.” I love you and happy 18th birthday!

Much love,
Ate Alyssa


xx,
A

No comments:

Post a Comment