October 5, 2012

STATUS: Taken 2

When I watched Taken a few years back, I was so engrossed with the film I saw it a gazillion times and I also made my cousins watch it too and I did not stopped talking about it until almost everyone I knew, watched it. I'm not the type to watch this kind of film but the story really got me. A father who's really very skilled rescued her daughter for only 72 hours after being kidnapped in Paris for human-trafficking. It's an action-packed film with a heart. Who wouldn't be touched about a father doing his all to save her only daughter? I think every one who watched it, loved it.


After four long years, a lot of people were shocked that the amazing movie has a sequel! Everyone thought, "who the hell wants to cross Bryan Mills after the first movie?" Then we all came to our senses that the only people who have the gut to do that are actually the one who were greatly affected by his actions in saving his daughter, Kim, in the past movie. In one word, revenge.


I personally think that both movies were really good and worth watching. But if I am to choose which is better, I prefer the first one. You know what they say about originality?! The sequel lost the element of surprise because everyone already know that Bryan's skills is not just any other skill. He's super mega extra skilled. So people already know that he can surpass the frightening revengeful family members of the people he killed. And that's what actually happened, as we all hoped or more like expected. 

"I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you."

You can say that the story line was pretty much close with one another. Instead of Kim being kidnapped, it's Bryan and Lenore. Instead of being in Paris, it's in Istanbul. And remember Kim's singing thing? It's now about driving. But contrary to the guess of a lot of people that Kim's the one who'll save her parents, it wasn't the case but she was really a big help to Bryan. The latter was still the one who did the saving. 

"When a dog has a bone, the last thing you want to do is take it from him."

I like the fact that there's a certain feeling of 'doneness' at the end of the movie. I'm not gonna be happy if there's going to be Taken 3 because if the 2nd installation has lost its surprising story line brilliance, what would we expect with the 3rd one, if ever?


A

No comments:

Post a Comment