October 3, 2012

Music and A

I don’t know why it took me a long time to make this post but clearly, I’m into music. The proof would be the concerts I have gone through and if you’ve read my past posts, I end them with a quote or a video of a song. Get the point? I'm in love with music ever since I can remember. I started only liking the old stuff because it's soothing to the ears. But as I grew older(and wiser I hope! lol), I learned to appreciate different music genres as well. I mostly listen to mainstream songs because they’re easy access--it keeps on playing over the radio or on the music channels, but lately I'm kind of appreciating non-mainstream ones as well. I’ve been exposed with indie songs mostly from the soundtracks of some US and UK tv shows I’ve been watching but I’m a newbie in that type of music.

Music is a common ground for people. Privileged ones and underprivileged ones can listen to the same song over and over again. Anyone and everyone can listen to anything or everything music world has to offer. There are hundreds or even thousands of original songs being made every year and there are also revivals so there are a lot of selections to choose from.

We all have different types of music and I specifically made this post to share some of my favourite songs from certain artists. I chose 10 songs on my compilation. And I swear, that got to be the hardest thing I’ve ever done! It’s so hard to just pick a couple of songs from a thousand choices but here are my forever favorites:

Katy Perry – She's young at heart! I love her songs and her quirky-ness! I really am blessed that I've watched her live once in my life. I love her even more after watching Part of Me. And I've tons of favorite songs from her albums but this one won my heart big time.
♪ Snow White said when I was young, one day my prince will come, so I'll wait for that date..

Lady Gaga – A lot of people doesn't like her because she's weird and nontraditional but aren't we all weird and sometimes, nontraditional? I admire her for standing up for what she believes in, even if a lot of people bashes her for it. I'm so happy that I've watched her live twice and out of her 3 albums, I will forever love this song.
♪ Could we fix you if you broke? And is your punchline just a joke?

Justin Timberlake – I am his number 1 fan! I've already watched him perform live but I'm still dying to see him again. I swear, I'll watch him if ever he comes back in Manila! His voice is very unique and he's a total performer because he also got moves. When I decided to make this post, I instantly know that I'm gonna include him with this very special song.
♪ Rest your weary heart and relax your mind.. 'Coz I'm gonna love you girl, until the end of time.

Nicki Minaj – Some people say she can't sing but I beg to disagree because I've seen her live and she's amazing. I like when she raps because it's dope but I like her even more when she sings normally. And that's why this is my favorite song of hers.
♪ You piece of sh*t, you broke me down.. Thought you said you, would hold me down..

Snow Patrol – When I watched them live, I almost wanna cry! I'm in awe the whole time by Gary Lightbody's mere voice! They're good! For me, they're comparable to Coldplay! I personally love this song because I think it's underrated yet so great I wanna put here the whole lyrics of the song!
♪ Get up, get out, get away from these liars, 'cause they don't get your soul or your fire.

Beyonce Knowles – To see B perform live is on my bucketlist! I love her! She's the epitome of a true diva for me. She's gorgeous, she's sexy, and her voice is to die for! I love Destiny's Child and she's my favorite. Out of all her great hits, I chose this oldie but definitely a goodie track.
♪ You make the confusion go all away, from this cold and messed up world.
  
The Script – Also on my bucket list! They've been here before but I was broke then so I missed it. So sad!! Anyway, I love every song in their album. You can say they're my favorite band! Danny O'donoghue, Mark Sheehan and Glen Power, oh I hope to see you three for the #3 tour next year! Please make my dream come true! They have a new released album and I have favorite tracks from there but I chose the song that made me wanna see them live ever since I've known the band.
♪ They say things happen for a reason, but no wise words gonna stop the bleeding.

Boys Like Girls – I just recently fell in love with this band and I just can't get over them. I listen to them every freaking day. They already went here in Manila 2 years ago but I'm wishing that they come back because I'm not gonna miss them for sure! I wanna put here every song they have but I have to settle with just one, so here it is.
♪ We won't hear a word they say, they don't know us anyway..

Adele – I know she's not gonna have a tour anytime soon but in the near future or as soon as she go on tour, I hope she include a Manila leg. I wanna watch and hear her sing live. She's gorgeous, voluptuous, and an amazing talent! From the moment I heard this song, I've always loved it ever since.
♪ People say crazy things. Just 'cause I said it, doesn't mean I meant it. Just 'cause you heard it...

John Mayer – I should hate him because he's a lady's man but I just can't. His voice is one of the voices that calms my nerves, though some of his songs are really way depressing I still love 'em. He already went here in Manila but I wish he comes back for me to see him perform live! Every time he sing, he sweeps me off my feet. And this one gotta be the best track of 'em all, for my opinion.
Could I have missed my chance? And watched you walked away? Oh no way!

Birdy – She's young, talented, beautiful, and British. Things I wish I were! Haha! She's a youtube sensation and now a recording artist, this is my favorite revival song of hers and she's been instantly added as one of my favorite singer.
Who will love you? Who will fight? And who will fall far behind?


I decided to put the live versions of the songs to showcase that these artists I admire were really amazing, that I'm not hallucinating. Haha! :D Last point to share, I am into music because first I think it's always there. It may change at some point, but it never leaves. Second, whatever emotion I'm feeling, there's always a song to listen to. For me, it's like a friend I lean on to. Third, sometimes the songs we listen to are our feelings we cannot put into words. And fourth, it just makes life better. It makes life fun and bearable.


A  

No comments:

Post a Comment