October 13, 2012

Flower Power

Last night, I accompanied my cousin to watch Callalily's album launch hence with the title of the post. I've never been a fan of the band, I liked a few of their songs but that's how far I can be. But on the other hand, my cousin had been a fan-girl since her late grade school or early high school days so I give it to her and joined her.

We arrived early at Eastwood so she bought the CD with poster and pick so she can come inside the area closer to the stage and can have it signed after the show. After she bought the CD, we ate and roam around Eastwood to wait for the show.

The line up going inside the space infront of the stage started at 5:30-ish pm but they let people inside at 6pm. Boy, it was hell! They made us wait! I almost wanted to go home but I trash away my selfishness and waited patiently for my cousin's sake! But it was real pain in the feet! Yes, we're freaking standing the whole time! I thought of never going to any kind of this gig ever. I was sweaty, thirsty, and my legs are killing me! Thank goodness, the band got out of their tent or room or whatever at 9pm. And they started singing their hit songs starting with Stars.

They sang all their hit songs and they also sang a couple of songs from their new album. I actually liked a new song of theirs called Pansamantala. And I almost died when they sang Wala Na Tayo and Minsan. Apart from the pain we endured, I actually enjoyed it. But my cousin and I didn't finish the set because we already need to go home and our feet are already killing our whole being plus our thirst and call of nature. When you add 'em all up,you can understand why we have to go. Haha!

After watching Callalily last night, especially Kean Cipriano, I now get what the fuss is all about. They're good and their songs are awesome! Don't forget to grab a copy of their Flower Power album! I listened to all of their songs yesterday and I believe you'll also like some if not all of their new songs.☺


A

No comments:

Post a Comment