October 19, 2012

"And if not now, then when?"

However cliche it is, carpe diem is one of my most favorite phrases. Seize the day. It reminds us how we should not worry about the future and just enjoy the present. It encourages us to enjoy life now so that we're not gonna miss the chance. Because admit it or not, we always worry. About what's behind or what lies ahead and while we worry, we forget to notice that we're wasting our now. The most important of it all, the present, the now. We fail to realize that the present will soon be part of our past and not so long ago, it's part of our undiscovered future that's now unveiling in our very eyes. 

I am recently reminded about carpe diem. I was watching a new TV show from HBO called The Newsroom and in an episode, Mac and Jim(my two favorite characters in the show!) showcased me this great poem by Robert Herrick.

Gather ye rosebuds while ye may,
Old time is still a-flying:
And this same flower that smiles today,
To-morrow will be dying.

The glorious lamp of heaven, the sun,
The higher he's a-getting,
The sooner will his race be run,
And nearer he's to setting.

That age is best which is the first,
When youth and blood are warmer;
But being spent, the worse, and worst,
Times still succeed the former.

Then be not coy, and use your time,
And while ye may, go marry:
For having lost but once your prime,
You may forever tarry.

I like the poem so much, I searched for it and I truly loved it I'm sharing it. Sharing is caring, you know! lol. Seriously speaking, it rang a bell on me. I'm always worrying about everything that I'm not enjoying life. I think being reminded from a TV show is divine intervention and maybe this is yours. ;)

If you're having a good or bad day, always seize it because it will not happen ever the same again. And with the things you wanna do or dream in life, always ask yourself the title of this post. Carpe diem baby.☺


A

No comments:

Post a Comment