May 7, 2012

Book fetish.

"It’s something that you can write on, highlight if you like a certain paragraph, you can smell it, showcase it, hand it down to your children and your children’s children."

Last year, I challenged myself to read 15 books all throughout 2011 and I lost, I only read if I am not mistaken, 12 books. I have off-reading months then and I think that's why I lost. This year I'm challenging myself further though I lost last year, I'm hoping to read 20 books(or more if possible). So far I already read 10 books and I still have 7 months more to read the remaining 10. I'm really hoping and wishing to finish my goodreads.com reading book challenge!☺

Follow me on goodreads.com for books I'm into: Alyssa Alejandro ♥

The following books below are the books I've read late 2011 and this 2012, I already omitted The Hunger Games trilogy since I've already blogged about it HERE. This is some kind of a book review minus the spoiling of stuff about the book. Anyway, I'm trying something out, I'm gonna describe my reading experience with each book through how a meat is done: Rare, Medium Rare, Medium Well, or Well done. Hope you like my own version of a review!☺


I'm actually surprised that I loved this book! I'm not into books about business or something but this book changed my outlook in life. It has taught me a lot of things about life and career in particular and I am highly recommending this book to anyone, any age, any occupation!☺
WELL DONE!♥☺
"Winners are not afraid of losing. But losers are. Failure is part of the process of success. People who avoid failure also avoid success."


I read this right after I read RDPD, when I was still interning for a restaurant in Morato and this one shooed my boredom away every time I'm on break. I've watched the movie a long time ago and liked it that's exactly why I bought the book. It's about how a girl changed for the career she doesn't even wanted in the first place, I kind of suck describing it but it's good, well for me it is! Anyway, find the story out and read it! If you're being a lazy arse, just watch it! Only the book is better. *evil laugh*☺ 
MEDIUM RARE.☺
"I've always expressed my thoughts in color but we remain blind."


Oh, the wedding. Do you know about The Notebook? Noah and Allie? This is somewhat a sequel of that, only this one tackles about Noah and Allie's daughter!☺ I love this book, actually this is my 2nd time to read this one. I somehow hope this kind of story could happen in real life. It isn't something about boy meets girl and they fall in love then a problem occurs then they have to separate but eventually they will end up together, for me this story is deeper, and better in a way.☺ 
WELL DONE!♥☺
"I learned, for instance, that while wounds can be inflicted easily upon those we love, it's often much more difficult to heal them."


This is my 3rd time to read this book. I'm so in love with Landon Carter I don't get tired of the story. And do you know that every time I read this, or even watch the movie, I still cry? Yes, I'm telling the truth and I'm kind of ashamed. lol.
WELL DONE!♥☺
"I held her close to me with my eyes closed, wondering if anything in my life had ever been this perfect and knowing at the same time that it hadn't. I was in love, and the feeling was even more wonderful than I ever imagined it could be."


I regretted buying this book. And do you know what I regret more? Reading it! It suck! I wasted my time on a shallow, non sense stories. Yes, stories because it has 4 stories about 4 blonde girls. If you have all the time in the world to waste, you can read this but if not, don't even think about it.
RARE!!! If there's worse than rare, this would be it. Oh, I actually know how to categorize this one, RAW!


This is kind of different from the Nicholas Sparks books I've read before because it has some thrilling/suspense part. There's some kind of a psychotic character involved in the story. It's good, and I liked it!☺
MEDIUM WELL.☺
"Because being comfortable meant she might lower her guard, and she could not let that happen."


This is beautifully written, it's about a boy in high school that you will know when you read the book. This is a set of letters that has been sent to someone unknown. I learned and realized some things while and after reading the book. I hope you do too.☺
WELL DONE!♥☺
"It was the kind of kiss that made me know that I was never so happy in my whole life."


I'm not the type to read a story like this but this is recommended by my cousin who loves to read too and what am I to lose? So I read it! It's kind of creepy and thrilling at the same time, at the first few chapters, I was so bored but I kept on turning the page until I came to a point that I already liked how the story was turning out that I don't even need to push myself to read.☺ 
MEDIUM RARE.☺
"I used to dream about escaping my ordinary life, but my life was never ordinary. I had simply failed to notice how extraordinary it was."


Did you love The Hunger Games to bits? You'll love this too then! Actually I like this a bit more than THG, I find this one with a little more sense. This is also a dystopian story like THG but if THG has the Capitol and 12(Well, really 13) Districts, Divergent has 5 factions which are Abnegation, Erudite, Amity, Candor, and Dauntless. And that's all I can say. Read it, you're not going to regret, I f*cking swear! I'm so fond of the story I finished this for 2 days only, I would have finished it for a day only but there had been a hindrance. Anyway I can't wait to buy and ofcourse read the next book which is called Insurgent. And can I just say I love love love Tobias?! I love him!☺
WELL DONE!♥☺ PERFECTLY DONE!☺
"Sometimes crying or laughing are the only options left, and laughing feels better right now."


I am so into reading because it practices my comprehension skills and it helps me learn new vocabularies. Time also flies so fast when you're reading and I read somewhere that reading prevents alzheimer's disease that's why I'm pushing myself and everyone around me to read. And if you are going through something, sometimes you get an answer and enlightenment from the wonderful books written by awesome writers. And it's a great escape from reality too! A few hours to be in a whole new world that's so far from the messy reality we are in. Can you believe that traveling is so cheap?☺




xx,
A

1 comment:

  1. what page u found “I've always expressed my thoughts in color but we remain blind.”

    ReplyDelete