December 31, 2011

Thank you 2011!☺

Lots of things has happened this 2011. Good, bad, great, worst, fun, weird, crazy and a whole lot more! I don't even know how to categorize the year that has passed. It wasn't as great as I hoped it would be but it also wasn't as bad as it can be. So for that, I thank the Lord above! 


There are tons of things to be thankful for:

  • The joys in my life that made me wondering what I've done to deserve those. 
  • The sorrows that made me stronger and wiser to carry on with life. In times of adversity, I always reminds myself these phrases: "Maybe God has a bigger plan for me than I have for myself." or "This too shall pass." Those words really help me cope up. 
  • My immediate family that love me unconditionally and accept me whole-heartedly, it's not a perfect family, we all have shortcomings and issues we face everyday but they are God-given on purpose. I will not be who I am today without them.
  • My extended family--cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents--I know they try so hard to understand me(my tantrums and decisions) and sometimes even if they don't get the hang of my bipolar mood, they still support me all the way. Always.
  • My wonderful friends who are always there willing to listen and lend a shoulder when I need one to cry on, that really mean so much to me. We all have two sides of family--father side & mother side. I have three. My father's side, mother's side and my friends' side. They are my chosen family.
  • My privileges--my studies, my gadgets, this internet connection, the fact that I'm experiencing some of the comforts of life. 
  • My life, by merely waking up everyday, that's already something to be thankful for.
I believe that I'm not lucky, I'm actually so blessed and privileged. I am guilty of being so stubborn and selfish like a brat sometimes, when I tend to forget how blessed and privileged I am... When I tend to want the things I really don't need. I will try so hard not to be totally like that anymore.☺


Maybe everyone love new year because it tend to give us hope for the new adventures and beginnings in our lives! I'm so looking forward what 2012 has in stored for me. I believe that no matter how bad our year had been, it wouldn't hurt to hope for the best for the next! But of course, let's also not forget to prepare for the worst.☺


I don't usually write a new year's resolution because the last time I had, I haven't followed any. So I just have one statement for myself for 2012..







"I will try in every way to be a better version of myself, if not the best."




'Til next year!☺


Love,
A
      

No comments:

Post a Comment