December 12, 2011

Buona forchetta!☺

Last time when I was feeling down, I wanted to eat some good food because food can really cheer me up. It has never failed me, mind you!☺ Actually, it can be in the means of cooking and baking or eating, well, I usually do the latter more often. And so I decided to go that day to my well trusted, Cibo. I so love their pastas but I don't wanna be routinary that day so I picked my food choice differently.☺

If you're wondering what the heck is the title of this post, it means a hearty eater and if you don't also know, Cibo means food, both are Italian terms.☺


Crema di Zucca, Pancetta
It's Cibo's version of squash soup. And I love it! Really did!☺ It's not your traditional pumpkin soup yet it's as good! The bacon bits complimented the soup incredibly(well naturally bacon has the power to make everything tastes better!).☺



Ossobuco Gremolata
I fall in love with this one! 3 of my favorites in one meal! It made me dancing on air happy!☺ The braised beef shank is so tender you don't need a knife anymore! And I personally love gremolata, the lemon-parsley combination is just perfection! You just get the right tartness of the lemon and the freshness of the parsley. And whoever doesn't eat rice, is missing a lot on life! The rice in this dish is pilaf. I have a confession to make, don't get me wronged, but I love pilaf more than risotto, there I've said it!☺ Going back to the dish, when you combine them all--BOOM! You literally can't ask for more!☺





"There is no sincerer love than the love of food."
-George Bernard Shaw





'Til next time!☺


Love,
A

No comments:

Post a Comment