November 3, 2012

Queen City of the South

This trip had been planned since June this year, to visit a friend currently based in Cebu and to tour around the city. There had been a lot of issues before the trip and thank heavens, the trip still pushed through. I needed this break from all the dramas of my life! The trip was from October 27(pm) to November 1(am), 2 days from the trip we spent in Bohol and the rest were in Cebu. We didn't get any tour package in Cebu, we merely roam around the city by ourselves and we ended up just going to a couple of tourist sites then bailed on the others then we ate our hearts out! All I remember doing in Cebu was eat, so expect a couple of posts from our food consumption these following days. ☺ 

Early morning in Magellan's Cross. Our hotel was just walking distance from this area so I almost went here thrice! It's crazy. Haha! 

(L-R) A, Nins, Aissa, Francis, Vince
Manila people! Tourists.

After the photo op at Magellan's Cross, we attended a mass at Basilica Minore del Santo Niño. It's our first sunrise in Cebu, we're experiencing a good sunny weather and it's Dianne's birthday, a couple of things to be thankful for that day!


(L-R) Arianne, Dianne, A
We went to Mactan to eat somewhere we thought was great, which I'm gonna have a separate post, and we also had a photo op somewhere near where we ate. Arianne and Dianne are sisters and are both based in Cebu.


We also went to Ayala Mall to eat, AGAIN! Haha! Well, as you can see I'm wearing a different outfit so this one already occurred on our last day in Cebu. I was trying real hard to imitate some fashion bloggers I follow. Can I pass as one? I highly doubt it! Haha! 

(L-R) Dianne, Aissa, Arianne, Alyssa
Sisters. Friends. Smiles.

This was taken before we went to Mactan Airport to go back home. There's a hidden joke behind our pose in this picture. Anyway, thank you Kuya Bry, Ate Dess, Dianne and Arianne for letting us feel the phrase 'mi casa es su casa'. We really felt we're home on our last day in Cebu. Filipino hospitality can never be beaten! It's something we can really be proud of!

All in all, Cebu had been fat-gaining. I swear, all we do was eat! But I'm not really complaining because I really had a happy tummy and the conversations we had were so light and happy, I almost not think about the burdens in my life through out the trip! This post is a little messy because I'm really not a travel blogger and this Cebu trip had been like a food tour. Really, I'm not kidding! Wait for my food consumption posts and you'll see. Anyway, wait also for my post on our amazing Bohol side trip.☺


"Not all those who wander are lost."


A

No comments:

Post a Comment