November 16, 2012

Best Pig?

When in Cebu, you should try their LechonLechon is a roasted suckling pig. There are plenty of places that offers lechon around Cebu but Zubuchon is the most popular and commercialized of them all so we chose to eat there for dinner.

Honey Calamansi Shake. Honey Calamansi Juice. Mango Juice.
I wanted to try their famous Kamias shake but I opt for a friendly taste that was Honey Calamansi. Sweet with the right kind of tartness was just what I needed that night.

"The best way to eat lechon is to eat it when there is steam still rising from its rear end!" We ate there at Zubuchon for dinner so the quality of lechon wasn't not at its best, if you get what I mean but nevertheless, I was still so happy I got to taste it and I hope to come back to Cebu to try it again, for breakfast or lunch or just right after the pig was roasted! Haha! 

Lechon Dinuguan or Roasted Pig Blood Stew. I can still clearly remember the taste of this one, I was so shocked to taste gata or coconut milk. I'm just not used to that kind of dinuguan. It may taste different but it also tastes good!

To balance the two pork dishes we ordered, we added Adobong Kangkong or Water Spinach Adobo. It's not so healthy after all because it has bits of chicharon on top but who am I kidding? Who's crazy enough to go to Zubuchon and look for healthy stuff? Hah! :p 

Can you see how happy I am? I was so giddy! Going to Cebu just to eat lechon is not a silly idea, at all. I swear!☺ If you don't believe my words, you can take Anthony Bourdain's. He's a professional Chef, food writer, and tv personality. He's well traveled and has a broad knowledge about food and he exactly said that lechon in Cebu is the "Best Pig...EVER!"


Toodles!☺
A

No comments:

Post a Comment