November 4, 2012

BOHOLiday!

From Cebu, we decided to side trip to Bohol via Ocean Jet ferry. It was a smooth sailing 2 hour ferry ride and the ferry seats were comfy and the a/c were just right cool so I slept like a baby almost the whole ride since I wake up at 6am!

My half smile gave me in that I'm not completely at peace with boats or ferries or ships. I always wonder what the vast water consists. I guess, we will never know.

When we arrived in Tagbilaran, I was so excited to start our 2 days/1 night trip to the island of Bohol! I heard a lot of great things about the town. 

We availed a package tour that will bring us to all the must see places in Bohol or as what they call it, the country-side tour. Just after a couple of minutes when we arrived, we already started our tour.☺

 I'm posing with the sandugo or the blood compact site which I know nothing about but I'm aware with the place because a local movie here in the Philippines shot a scene in the site. I read that it shows the treaty between Miguel Lopez de Legazpi and Datu Sikatuna, the first ever treaty between the Spaniards and the Filipinos. ☺

The Loboc River. I believe that Bohol is very beautiful because of its very own people. They take very good care of their place! They value their place that's why other people values it too. In Bohol, you can really say it's more fun in the Philippines and mean it. 

 What I ate at the Loboc River Cruise. It's buffet lunch but I only ate this, maybe because I'm too excited to enjoy the surroundings. While you're eating and cruising Loboc, someone's singing live in the background. It's a good experience.

 I just love this shot that's why I have to include it here in this post! Haha.☺ 

 The hanging bridge. It's the highest hanging bridge I've passed through but it's sturdy so it's not as scary as I thought it would be.☺

 I'm not as scared as I was the first time. Going back is a lot easier. It's true what they say, the first step is the hardest but if you keep going, you'll get shocked how far you can go.☺

 I already managed to put my arms up while at the middle of the bridge. I told you, it gets easier.☺

 I wouldn't want to have them as a pet because they're scary looking but I learned a lot about them that day! They can't move their eyes so instead they move their head, they're nocturnal, they're very sensitive and in fact, suicidal. They are only available in Indonesia and the Philippines. And lastly, they are already endangered. One of the many things people go to Bohol is this so I wish they reproduce some more!  

 Goofing around. I just love wacky shots! 

 The Man-Made forest as our backdrop. It feels unreal to think it's man-made. It's creepy at night but in the afternoon, it looks amazing! Photo op!!! It's crazy how many Mahogany trees are there. It's environment-friendly and at the same time, tourist catching so it's an ideal project, really. 

 I'm addicted to The Vampire Diaries so I instantly thought of Mystic Falls and I almost wished to see Damon lying on the road waiting for a prey. Or you can also think of Twilight, Edward hunting for animals in the woods. I can go on and on. Hah! :p 

 Hermaphrodite butterfly. It's so cool I just have to include it in this post! I wonder if there are really hermaphrodite human beings in this world. I think it'd be odd but it's God given so acceptance is the key!☺

 That's a real butterfly on my hair! And it's playing dead! It's sooo cute!!!☺

 Camera trick! ♪'Spread your wings and prepare to fly.."

 Our guide was so funny we had a good laugh the whole butterfly garden tour! And when we saw this, we asked him to pose as Ketut Liyer in Eat, Pray, Love. :D I know what you've noticed! I'm so fat and I hate it! Haha!

 The whole Bohol caboodle.♥ 

 If the forest was man-made, these chocolate hills are heaven sent! God does wonder! It's crazy how many hills are there! And it's a breath taking view! It's surreal to even be there at the top of the highest hill.

 It was really exhausting to go up and when you see the view it's exhilarating! That's the reason why we all have to travel, because the world is one hell of a big gift from God and we only get to peek and feel what's inside when we travel. But all the money, effort, and time spent were all worth it! I swear! All worth it!♥

 This is something I'm not excited about. I'm never a pet lover and snakes are way too scary for me. But for the sake of seeing the largest snake in the Philippines, well here is Prony. She eats one whole pig or two goats every month. :s

 Since I didn't enjoyed Prony, at least we got to have a photo with this tarsier. lol! 

We also went to one of the oldest Jesuit churches in the Philippines. Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception or very well known as the Baclayon Church. We missed going there our first day because it's already closed when we passed by but before going to the pier for our trip back to Cebu, we stopped by the church and we thanked and prayed our heart's desires.

I really believe in candle lighting. I lighted three candles: violet, blue, and pink. There are meanings for each color and I hope my wishes will be granted.♥

There's always a photo opportunity everywhere! Here I was, at the side of the famous Baclayon church. Spot Padre Pio!☺


If you want to read about our Panglao experience, click on the link below. More photos and stories coming up!☺


After our whole day countryside tour, we checked in a hotel in Panglao area. Our room is a 2 minute walk from the beach front of Alona beach. We decided to avail the island hopping package the next day to make the most out of our brief stay in Bohol.
This was taken very early in the morning! We left Alona beach at 7am. Dianne and I stayed late the night before because we can't sleep, we talked about books, series, and movies. I was crazy sleepy waking up at 6am! We were supposed to be leaving at 6:30am to see the dolphins but unfortunately we were late and we missed the chance to see them. Sayang! Apparently, there's a time table for seeing the dolphins because they don't show up when it's already sunny. 

I don't get to see the sea a lot of times that's why when I do, I really savor the moment. And one fact about me, I'm not afraid to turn darker. Haha! My skin tone's already dark, what's to be afraid of? :p Anyway, we're on our rented boat relishing the sea and the sun.

Our very first island stop is Balicasag Island. We availed their fish feeding and snorkeling package. It was my first time ever to try snorkeling and I love it! There were school of fishes all around me and their colors were beautiful!

The area where we went fish feeding and snorkeling wasn't really deep that's why it's not really scary and it was just pure fun! 

Our next stop was Virgin Island. The island really deserve its name! It's purity and innocence is astonishing! It's so beautiful, I wanna come back! Virgin Island is awe-mazing!!!♥ It's so cool that to get to Virgin Island, there's a certain pathway in the sea that the boat should follow or else the boat's propeller would be broken. I still can't believe I've been there! The color of the sea changes from oxford blue to turquoise to cyan. I was overwhelmed the whole time!

From Virgin Island, we have to ride a mini paddled boat to get to the sand bar, a small island across the Virgin Island. They said that when it's high tide, the sand bar disappears and it only reappears when it's already low tide! How cool is that? When God blessed the world with amazing scenery, Philippines caught a lot!

Welcome to the sand bar! This was heaven sent! I had an eye-gasm! Sea, sand, sun: I'm not lucky, I'm blessed!♥

Our whole island hopping crew! We were the only ones in the sand bar plus the two boat men that led us there! We just have to take a Temptation Island shot! We can't help it! Haha!

The trip had been a bliss and I can't wait to be back! Maybe after a few years! When I've already gone through some other islands in the Philippines.☺


"He who returns from a journey is not the same as he who left."


Toodles!
A

No comments:

Post a Comment