November 28, 2011

Kanin Club!☺

I've been hearing lots of great reviews about Kanin Club that's why I've been wanting to try to eat there for a few months now and it only really pushed through last Sunday with my family, before going to church.☺


Menu shot has quite been a staple of my posts. Just like the quotes I put in every post.☺


*Sinigang na Tadyang na Baka (Beef rib stew)*
Tender beef ribs, slow-cooked in a sour tamarind broth. Makes you hungry.
This is their best seller soup and hell, one sip of the soup and I instantly knew I am where I'm supposed to be! Kanin Club is THE Filipino food haven!☺


*Crispy Dinuguan (Pork blood stew)*
Their most copied signature dish! Pork heavenly deep-fried to a crisp then set in a semi-dry stew of pork blood. Proven to have convinced non-dinuguan eaters to like the dish.
I love dinuguan! I grew up eating it with puto and even on rice on Sundays. I have an Inso(grandma) who cooks good dinuguan and when I say good, it really is. I swear! It's the best dinuguan ever but after I've tasted this from Kanin Club, my Inso's specialty dish fell on the second place. Sorry but this version is brilliant! The crispy touch is actually empowering.☺
  


*Seafood Kare-Kare*
Their national dish interpreted in the key of sea. Instead of meat, they put in prawns, mussels, and squid.
This is my favorite Filipino dish, ever. My number 1. It's at the top of the list. An A+. You get my point right? lol. I love this version of theirs, a tribute for the non-meat eaters out there so that they won't be missing out on something great like Kare-Kare. This is a seafood overload dish indeed!☺
  


*Aligue Rice*
This fried rice sauteed in crab fat is so worth the extra hour you'll need to do in the gym tomorrow. Serves 2 to 3.
So sinful and so good at the same time! How can you resist something this delicious? Oh, I don't mind being fat. I've been fat all my life! What's being fat for the rest of it? lol.



*Garlic Rice*
Steamed white rice capped with toasted garlic. Adds a nice zing to plain rice.



*Crispy Pata*
Live for today with their perfectly deep-fried pork, knuckles. The skin is light and crunchy and the meat melts in your mouth. They challenge you to resist.
You're going to resist to Crispy effing pata? Are you effing kidding me?! Haha!



*Turon (Banana fritter)*
What is love? It consists of ube(purple yam), macapuno, sweetened banana, and sweetened jackfruit. This is a merienda or mid-afternoon snack staple here in the Philippines. And their version is the best I've ever tasted so far.☺



*Turon ala Mode*
It's practically the same as turon with an ice cream.☺


*Leche flan (Creme Caramel)*
This haven't won my heart. There's nothing special to it. My brother just insisted on this because he loves Leche flan.☺


I'm pretty sure that I'm coming back!☺


I'm your fattie foodie! I hope to lose some fats next year while eating good stuff like this! I don't know how am I supposed to do that but I'll still try. Wish me luck!☺





"It's important to watch what you eat. Otherwise, how are you going to get it into your mouth?" 
-Matt Diamond





'Til next time!☺


Love,
A

No comments:

Post a Comment