November 28, 2011

Folle Quatorze ☺

I got invited over French dinner last November 18 by my old classmates in Global Academy. They had their restaurant simulation, which I also had a few months back. I was seated on the VIP table and was really treated like one. I actually headed there straight from my ojt so I'm wearing my uniform, and I look nothing like a VIP! lol Anyway, the photo shown above was their table set up. It's elegant, right?☺


*Pan-seared fillet of white fish, sauteed prawn, and poached New Zealand black mussel in Bouillabaisse broth*
  They normally serve the salad first but I chose to have my soup as my first course and hell it's crazy good! I love it! Though I intentionally didn't finish it all because I'm saving some space up for the 4 course I will still eat that night.☺


*Salad of mixed greens with raspberry truffle vinaigrette*
I love the raspberry truffle vinaigrette! It's perfection! I'm in love with this salad!☺



*Citrus vin blanc sorbet*
This is the third course or the palate cleanser, a break of the tongue for the savory flavors intake beforehand and for us to be prepared for the richness of the main course coming.☺


*Pan-roasted beef tenderloin served with pommes gratin, sauteed asparagus and sauce bordelaise*
This one's gotta be my favorite course! The sauce bordelaise is to die for! I actually asked for its recipe.☺


*Warm red wine - poached pear served with blue cheese ice cream*
I gotta commend Chef Jun for this meal courses, he's the man behind all these. This dessert is a genius touch. When you eat the pear and the ice cream at the same time, it just click and tastes like heaven!☺



"Just like becoming an expert in wine–-you learn by drinking it, the best you can afford-–you learn about great food by finding the best there is, whether simply or luxurious. Then you savor it, analyze it, and discuss it with your companions, and you compare it with other experiences."
-THE Julia Child




'Til next time!☺


Love,
A

No comments:

Post a Comment