November 27, 2011

82 and counting!☺

My lola, my mom's mom, celebrated her 82nd birthday last November 13 via simple merienda(snack at mid-afternoon) with all her children and grand children..


Puto(steamed Filipino rice cake) ☺
This is a merienda staple, as for my observation and is actually partnered with Dinuguan(pork blood stew). I haven't taken a photo of Dinuguan, boo me!


Pancit Malabon(stir-fried seafood noodles) ☺
This is my family's favorite pancit. It's always always present in simple celebrations like this one.☺


Lola Nine w her cousin Lolo Benny, who just got back from the US. He's already based there and just visits here once in a while.☺


Lola Nine before blowing her cake. She cried when we sang to her, she's really touched!♥


This is my older sister's gift to Lola, a 20x12 inches cake from Goldilock's.☺




"Birthdays are nature's way of telling us to eat more cake." ☺☺




'Til next time!☺


Love,
A

No comments:

Post a Comment