July 11, 2014

UP Town Girl

A few weeks ago, my classes ended early and I got a bunch of time to spare before my brother's dismissal that's why I decided to stay at UP Town Center in Katipunan.  There are a couple of restaurants, a coffee shop, and a boutique store in the building.  It's not entirely finished yet, so there might be more businesses to open soon. :)

I was alone at first, coming from school, and I chose to stay at Vanilla Cupcake Bakery to try it out for the first time.  Once I entered the shop, I can't help but to fangirl over the sweet treats!  It's like being in a bookstore for readers and being in a toy store for kids! :)

Vanilla Milkshake (Php 120.00)
Safe bet.  I was not feeling adventurous at the time so I opted for my truly trusted basic milkshake.

Oreo Cheesecake Cupcake (Php 95.00)
Cheesecake is one of my favorite cakes ever!  I have an experience making one and it's easy and hard at the same time.  I don't wanna go into details about my baking success and mishaps stories, just trust me on this one.  So I ordered this cupcake to see if they have what it takes to last in the competitive specialty restaurant world; And girl, they can in my opinion!  The cheesecake is dense and velvety.  It's also not too sweet.  The balance of oreo bits, oreo crust, cheesecake, and whipped cream is phenomenal!! :)

While I was there, my cousin arrived and we decided to try 8 Cuts Burger Blends because I've been reading a lot of fuss about it.  I wasn't able to take a photo of the interiors but I really dig it!  It's rustic-industrial.  I really love the unfinished vibe!

We picked the Rated GP (Add: Php 90.00) on the menu, that made our chosen burger a complete meal--with fries and soda.  Nothing special with the fries, just your regular fries with a little barbecue flavoring.

Burger with Sauce No. 3 (Php 145.00)
My cousin ordered this and it's practically the same everything with my order sans the cheese, so my full review or reaction will be below. :D



The Cheeseburger with Sauce No. 3 (Php 195.00)
Let's start with the supposedly star of the dish, the patty!  It's bland.  I was so tempted to ask for salt and pepper!  I was so disappointed because one of the things I learned in Culinary school is that seasoning is very important.  It's basic cooking!  No matter how spot on the doneness of the meat was, if it's not seasoned well, it's a fail.  I would have probably overlooked the under-seasoned patty if they generously put sauce no. 3 or "BurgerBar's Original House Dressing" on top, but that didn't happen.  I shouldn't be all negative, I really like the buns!  It's soft and firm; it does not crumble into pieces. :)

The Big Bang Burger (Php 438.00)
It's from Casa Verde.  My cousin, Apols, brought this home.  It's a 9-inch burger.  I've had this before and I like it!  The patty is juicy and not too thick, just proportional to the bread.  It has tomatoes, onions, lettuce, mayo, and cheese.  So basically, it's your regular burger on steroids.  Yummmmmy!! :p

Last stop was at Family Mart.  We tried their Twirl-All-You-Can (Php 25.00) soft ice cream.  I'm not gonna be humble about this.  Our ice cream was really looking nice because I'm kind of an expert when it comes to soft ice cream machine.  For years, soft ice cream has been my mother's business and I was taught how to operate the machine so I really know how to twirl it.  I twirl it good and I twirl it right.  Haha :p


Indulging now and then is good for our sanity. :)


                                                                                                                   Thank you for reading!☺

No comments:

Post a Comment