July 29, 2014

Simplicity.

I always notice this restaurant in the corner of Trinoma Mall's 2nd floor North Ave side called Recipes every time I pass by there.  The area is small and really simple, but it's always jam packed.  And we all know, there's only one possible reason for that, the food might be good.  So my companions and I decided to have our late-lunch-early-dinner there. :)

"Our life is frittered away by detail.  Simplify, simplify."
-Henry David Thoreau

Adobo Flakes (Php 180.00)
Out of all the rice meals, I would probably pick this one as the best.  It's crunchy and soft.  It's tasteful and kid-friendly.  My brother loved it, and he's a real picky eater.  This one's a steal!  Look at that portion. :)

Crispy Bangus (Php 185.00)
And the 2nd place goes to this milkfish dish.  If you wanna go a bit healthier, go for this one.  I said, a bit because it's still fried food, you know. :D

Korean BBQ Short Ribs (Php 175.00)
A little dry, isn't it?  I personally think you can order better than this.  I expected a little more sauce and moist, but for the price of the meal, it's still quite okay.  But reality check, okay is not good. :)

Pork Inihaw (Php 170.00)
I recommend everyone not to pick this one.  Look at that, it makes me sad just by looking at it.






All of the viands above includes a cup of plain rice and an iced tea, and with just an additional of (Php 10.00), you can have a cup of garlic rice instead. :)

Lechon Kawali with Kangkong (Php 218.00)
Crispy fried pork + stir fried water spinach = a really good balance of good and bad.  Well, in my opinion. :p  You may disagree, but you can't change my mind. :) 

Gising Gising (Php 175.00)
This is one of my favorite vegetable dish, ever.  It contains ground pork, green beans, coconut milk, shrimp paste, and seasonings.  It taste heavenly!  I can eat it everyday. :)


Their rice meals are really affordable; they're actually budget friendly with options from every possible food category.  I think their a la carte choices were better tasting, so you might wanna lean over that side of the menu in picking what to eat.  There were hits and misses but I still recommend this restaurant to everyone, especially students who are tired of eating at the same fastfood joints over and over again. :)


                                                                                       Later!☺

No comments:

Post a Comment