July 2, 2014

Affamato.

Eating some where I've never eaten before is one of my favorite things in the world.  It's like reading a book or watching a movie for the first time, it's always refreshing whether the experience is good or not.  

Friuli Trattoria is a well-known Italian restaurant in Maginhawa Street or the "eat street" of Quezon City.  My cousin, Mim, recommended this hole in the wall to me a while back.  But they renovated and closed the shop for some time that's why I just recently tried dining there. :)

Their menu.  The vibe of the restaurant isn't Italian-y and more on the low key side of interior design.  The whole area is also quite small but homey! :)

Mozzarella Sticks (Php 135.00)
I hate to put this out here but I think I'm a rat in my past life.  I am deeply and madly in love with cheese.  It's like bacon for me, and that's a big deal.  You know it! :)  This mozzarella sticks are crunchy and chewy, there's a good breading and filling proportion too!  And last but not the least, the salsa compliments the sticks so well!  I finished two sticks and probably would eat them all if I'm not with companions!

Tuna and Mushroom (Php 110.00)
I'm gonna be biased with this one because we, my cousins and I, always cook this at home!  So I found it fine tasting but not appetizing enough to make me get some more; Though there was a good portion of mushroom and tuna in the creamy sauce.  I think other people will really like this! :)

Pesto (Php 140.00)
Honestly, I was so disappointed with this pesto!  Out of all the pasta we ordered, this one's my idea because I love anything pesto.  To my dismay, it was so dry and bland. :(  My suggestion to make this dish better is I believe they should put more cheese on the pesto sauce to make it more creamy.

Spaghetti Meatsauce (Php 125.00)
I rarely order spaghetti meat sauce in restaurants.  Mainly because my mother make the best spaghetti meat sauce, ever.  Like, in the whole wide world!  Though I've never been everywhere, I know in my heart that's true.  And our relatives would agree, I swear!  Cross my heart! :)  So after tasting this one, I was kind of shocked that I liked it!  It's in the middle of filipino style and italian style spaghetti.  It has the right balance of sweetness and sourness, and it's also creamy care of the cheese. :)

Il mio piatto.


Viva Venezia (Php 210.00)
Ever since I can remember, I have always been a thin crust kind of girl.  I love the crisp and the ease in eating it.  I also like eating everything, no leftover for anyone to see. :D  I'm not sure if pizza can be described as hearty, but I'm gonna stand my ground and say this one is! :)

Tre Formaggi (Php 180.00)
Three cheese pizza!  Aaaah!  The death of me.  I guess I reached the verge of my allowable cheese consumption that day!  This pizza was good, a little salty but still good.  I ended up feeling nauseous with everything cheesy I ate, I swear never again. :)

My support group!☺  Cousins and friends that can talk about anything and everything happening in our lives!  No holds barred. 

(T-B) Dianne, Arianne, Irisse, Mariz, Alyssa ☺



"Boyfriends and girlfriends come and go, but this is for life!"
-Phoebe Buffay, F.R.I.E.N.D.S



                                                                                                  Arrivederci!☺

No comments:

Post a Comment