August 6, 2014

Twins.

 I rarely go out.  I never even party because I don't drink and I personally think I'm an introvert.  But when I do go out, it's normally just to meet friends or relatives to have lunch, merienda, or dinner out.  Last week, some of my high school friends and I scheduled a long overdue catch up session.  We decided to meet up at Pipino Vegetarian Food to try well, vegetarian food. :D  We're all meat and dairy lovers but we wanted to give vegetarian food a chance. :)

I love how they showcased their sweets!  I'm obsessed!  If ever or whenever I put up a restaurant, I would totally copy this!  Haha :p  As I entered the shop, I literally can't help but gawk at this dessert area.  What can I say, sweetness is my weakness. :D

The restaurant is small, about 5-6 tables only.  But it's really cozy and not stuffy at all. :) 

While waiting for my companions, I opted to have Green Tea Cupcake.  It's dairy-free and gluten-free!  I was skeptical at first because I thought I'm not gonna like it but I was surprised that it tasted delicious and I loved it!  It's moist, not too sweet, and it's light and airy. :)  

Oreo Ice Cream
This is the worst ice cream ever!  My friend, Ella, ordered this and we regret it.  I'm an ice cream fanatic and I don't think I will ever like a non-dairy ice cream.  It's just not right for our palate.  I'm sorry, maybe there's nothing wrong with it, perhaps it's just us.

Banana Sherbet
This is more like a sorbet than a sherbet but it tasted fine.  It was so much like saba con yelo.  I never realized how dependent I am to dairy products until I tried eating at Pipino.  It's crazy!

We really wanted to eat at Pipino(and we tried!) but we don't think we'll enjoy the food that's why we decided to go downstairs and eat at Pino Resto Bar. :)  Bagnet is the specialty of Pino and I loved it there!  Who doesn't love bagnet anyway?  Carbs and fat galore!  The two restaurants were owned by the same man or people and I'm in awe how extremes these two are.  Pipino is full on healthy food, while Pino is crazy food indulgence.  There's no in-between, I like the idea and strategy of these sister companies. :)

I was so busy being a friend that I forgot to be a blogger. :)  I wasn't able to get the name of the dishes and their prices. When I come back(which I definitely will), maybe I can give proper comments on the dishes.  Until then! :)



                                                                                               Toodles!☺

No comments:

Post a Comment