August 4, 2014

Music Monday

This week, I decided to share two songs from two movies this year.  One has already been released last month, called Begin Again, and had an amazing reviews while the other one, called The Giver, will be shown this month.  I chose these songs to share this week because I really like the lyrics of the songs.  If you've been reading this blog, you'll notice my music choices are greatly affected by the words in the song, not the melody or the beat or anything else. :)

Adam Levine of Maroon 5 is the songwriter and the original artist for this song, but I decided to share Keira Knightley's version because I like its rawness, I love songs in the point of view of a girl/lady/woman, and it's easier to sing along with this version because Levine's voice, as we all know, is amazingly extraordinary high pitched.  This song is my current favorite!!  Cross my heart!  I listen to it every single day.  I undeniably love the lyrics, the melody, and the message.  This song tugs at the heart every time I listen to it.

I personally believe that Ryan Tedder is one of the greatest songwriter of this generation.  If you do not believe me, here's some of his (co-)written works outside OneRepublic's albums: Bleeding Love by Leona Lewis, Do It Well by JLo, Already Gone by Kelly Clarkson, Neon Lights by Demi Lovato, Rumour Has It by Adele, Halo and XO by Beyonce, and Words As Weapons by Birdy.  That's just a few amazing songs up on his sleeve.  I'm totally geeking out so going back, Ordinary Human is a good song.  I really like it!  It's catchy and meaningful at the same time.  And I'm crushing on Tedder's falsetto. :)



                                                                                        xx!☺

No comments:

Post a Comment