August 7, 2014

Thursday Thought

"I have realized
that the moon 
did not have to be full
for us to love it,
that we are not tragedies
stranded here beneath it,
that if my heart really broke
every time I fell from love;
I'd be able to offer you confetti by now.
But hearts don't break y'all,
they bruise and get better."

-Buddy Wakefield

I just wanted to share something that I read in tumblr that got stuck with my mind.  It tells the truth that we can all relate to.  One way or another, we all experienced getting our hearts broken.  Heartbreak isn't just about romantic love.  You can get your heart broken by your friend, by your father, or even by what's been happening with your life.  People generally assume that it's always about your ex-partner, and they have never been more wrong.  Going back to the quoted words, I like to be reminded that what ever happens in our lives we're always gonna be whole no matter what.  Despite what we may think at the time of adversity, we will recover and learn from it eventually. :)



                                                                         Salut!☺


No comments:

Post a Comment