May 22, 2013

Alyssa in Wanderland

Four days ago, I, together with my good friend Ella attended our first ever music festival at Globe Circuit Makati. I'm gonna tell you how my day went through the photos below. And by the way, before I forget, I copied a lot of the photos here from Ella and Kuya Ian. Click their names to see their blogs.☺ Enjoy reading!

We arrived at the venue at around 2pm, we decided to go there later than the supposed "start" to avoid long queues and because we don't really dig the first set of performers. But the event started in Filipino time, an hour late than expected, so we were able to see the 11 bands who performed that whole day.☺
When I heard the news that Neon Trees and The Temper Trap is coming to Manila for Wanderland Music & Arts Festival, I'm real sure that I'm watching them because they're one of my favorite bands, ever. So when the tickets went out, my friend Ella and I bought our tickets right away. Literally right away. Ella bought online right after it became available, I can still remember it was 12-ish midnight while I bought at the Ticketnet outlet a few hours after. You can see the control number in Ella's ticket to be 20, so she's the 20th person who bought the ticket. Cool right?!

Wanderland 2013 armband for the VIPS which I had a hard time taking off after the event that I ended up cutting it off! Anyway, I noticed some wore yellow armbands, maybe that's the all access one. I hope next year, I get to have that one so I can go backstage and have photo ops with the band members! And if you're wondering, yes, there'll be a Wanderland 2014 and I'm already thinking about it! In fact, I have a message for Wanderland and Karpos Multimedia: "Please please please bring The XX and Lana Del Rey next year. Thank you." 

The sea of hipsters or indie or whatever they're called. And just so you know, I'm not one of them. I appreciate all types of music, and I don't wanna label myself anything. A lot of people were all out with their outfits, I guess that's the ART part in the festival. Seeing these people, I already knew that this is really going to be a yearly event. I'm so happy! Something to look forward to every year!

Saw this shot from somebody else's collage on instagram. Real candid! Kuya Ian, Ella, and I sitting on our mats in the lower right part of the photo.☺

We're not super friendly, maybe because we have each other as companion but I read that a lot of people met new friends that day.☺

It was gloomy then the sun went out! I'm sooo happy it didn't rain! That day was amazing! 

1
This is my only decent photo for OOTD. Haha! I'm so not a blogger, I just love to ramble that's why I love doing this. Any, I opted for comfort, so I chose Forever 21 Elvis Presley tank, thrift shop shorts, Penshoppe sandals, and a classic clubmaster.

This is our view while sitting. Yes, we're that close to the stage. We're just a few steps away and it's perfect because there's a screen right in front of us which is not seen in this photo.

Colour Coding. They're good! I especially love when they sang Had It All. It's one of the songs I discovered while researching about the Wanderland bands. And they're nice and cute! They wandered(pun intended) around the VIP area after their set, that was sooo cool for a foreign band to do! A lot of people had a chance to have a photo with them so I guess they're really nice lads!(Do they use lads in Oz?)
  
Avalanche City. Dave Baxter is one of my favorite vocalist and composer so I'm really happy I got to watch AC perform live. I really enjoyed their set, I knew a couple of their songs but Sunset will always be my favorite. Always. Thank God, they played it!☺

There were free booze! This one from Havaianas, a green drink with vodka. Thank heavens, I don't really drink so I just tasted it and to the trash it goes. :p

I'm such a poser! Well, Ella didn't drink hers too so we both are a poser in this photo! Takes one to know one, eh? Haha

Paper art. I guess I'm not the only one who prayed real hard not to rain.

Live art. Sooo cool! Well, literally hot! I'm pretty sure he got a tan line with that shorts. Haha! Thank you Mr. Sun for not letting us down! Love.

Another art piece done right there and then.

When we roamed around, we bought some juice for some energy boost. Yes, we lined up because we don't have a choice. Everyone lines up! No VIP of the VIPs. :p 

SELFIE! The only photo of myself in my phone. Shades from Charlie. and Scarlett Ibis lippie from MAC.☺

The number of people escalated! It's crazy! Maybe because the line up was arranged following the "save the best for last" phrase.☺

Tully on Tully. Watched them from afar because this was our only window to eat dinner. Natalie Foster is gorgeous! And she's sooo cute with her red dress, she even wore a flower crown. Her voice, oh boy! Heavenly.

Up Dharma Down. Philippines represent! The only local band in the line up that played in the evening. They totally deserve to be on that special spot near the end! Armi Millare's voice is one of my favorite voices ever. And she's pretty and cool too! And their songs are special in my heart! I'm saddened that they didn't play Oo, but I'm still happy I got to hear Tadhana. I'm a super fan now!☺

And the BIG 3 is up next!!!☺
   
Nada Surf. I'm gutted that they didn't perform I Like What You Say but my favorite song discovery that day/night was from them! Inside of Love is one of my favorite song right now! I'm sooo obsessed with it I play it on repeat! And finishing their set with Always Love is a brilliant move. Everyone love that song! Matthew Caws even said that they're not planning on going on tour this year but when they were asked to go to Manilersss, they said yes! How awesome is that?! Love. It. They like made up for not singing ILWYS. (I'm turning into South! Haha! Inside joke!)

NEON TREES!!! Three photos, capital letters, and three exclamation points cannot explain how amaaaaaazing Neon Trees' set was! I was literally jumping up and down while singing my heart out! I don't care if I run out of breath, I just can't stop having fun. I personally think that their set was the best set of the festival and I've seen them all! Tyler Glen is a great performer! He was all out that's why we were all out too! Epic. Wild. Amaze balls. Rock and Roll. Animal. I cannot think of a perfect word to describe the feeling I felt after the set but all I know is that money can't buy it.I've been mentioning vocalists, I wanna commend Elaine Bradley's drumming talent too and I'm obsessed with her voice as well! Out of the 13 songs they performed, I know 10. I. Am. Still. Stoke. Even after 4 days. It's crazyyy! Before I went to Wanderland, I'm already a Neon Trees fan; Now, I'm a super mega duper fan!☺ I want them to have a solo concert in an arena here!!! Obsessed.

Look how sweaty we were after the set! Sticky sweaty and we don't mind at all because we were so high from the adrenaline that Neon Trees caused. I felt like I jumped rope nonstop for 45 minutes after NT's performance. I'm not complaining, in fact, I wanna repeat that moment!

Save the best for last! If Neon Trees was sooo wild, The Temper Trap was sooo cool! It's like a cool down. A great cool down! The best way to end the night! Dougy Mandagi's voice is ethereal! While they're performing, I can't help but sway and close my eyes. I don't even care about anyone or everyone! I was just enjoying and savoring the moment. They started with Love Lost and ended the whole experience with Sweet Disposition. I couldn't ask for more! Oh well, that's a lie. I wanted to ask them to perform Fools and The Sea is Calling for me. Haha!

Carpe diem. I've always wanted to see Erwan Heussaff so I didn't waste the chance that's why I asked for a photo with him. I totally admire his discipline for working out, his passion for food and he is such a gorgeous man, isn't he?! :p
  
Bought stickers at the merch booth. I also bought shirts from Neon Trees, The Temper Trap, and Wanderland though they're not in the photo. The merch prices were really lower compared to the merch on the concerts I've been to that's why I took advantage. :D   

Survived our first music festival! Sooo far, sooo good! Can't wait to experience next year's Wanderland and I hope I can afford Laneway in the near future, Coachella and Big Day Out when I get rich. Haha!

Here are the videos from good samaritans:


No photo or video can capture the feeling of being there, so if you really enjoy music, great music I mean, please save yourself the regret and come to Wanderland 2014. The time, the money, the effort: So worth it!


xx
A

No comments:

Post a Comment