December 22, 2012

We never stop learning.

A week ago, I attended a 3 day seminar about something related to food. You know, what I love the most. :p The first two days were alloted for the talks about the left and rights, up and downs of food operation and the third and final day was for eating! Not! It's actually for demo and more talks. I won't discuss the subjects that had been tackled but I have something more blog friendly. Let me share about the foods that had been cooked during the demo!☺

Pasta Alfredo x Carbonara
This is the speaker/demonstrator's version of Pasta Alfredo sans the Linguine. It was so rich because of the cream, butter, and milk. I can't consume a lot of it because of its richness but it tasted good and the vegetables were put just right for some balance of texture, variety of flavor, and especially for some pop of color. 

 Fish Fillet
This was so crunchy even after an hour of standby! There's nothing special with this, because it's your typical cream dory fillet but with super crunchy coating or breading and the dory fillets were still moist on the inside. So lovely! The sauce was made from gravy and bechamel sauce, which were both made from scratch during the demo. I'm not a big fan of the concoction but the fillet was so much better with it than with nothing.

 Spicy Clams
This would be a hit to anyone I know! Everyone would love it! The clams didn't have a fishy taste because of ginger. It has a right amount of spice for even the people who doesn't eat spicy stuff can try it. 

 Fried Rice
Quick and easy! Anyone can do this! Anyone whose diligent! Hahahaha! (I'm not cray cray, that's an inside joke. :D ) 

Kalbi jjim
Lo and behold!!! I died and went to food heaven! I love this dish! And I'm so happy I have a recipe of it! Woo!!! ♥ 

A with Ms. Grachie, the speaker in the entire seminar. I learned a lot during the 3 day duration and I'm looking forward in learning some more by myself over time. Wish me luck and may God bless me!☺


"Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young. The greatest thing in life is to keep your mind young."
-Henry Ford


Toodles!☺
A

No comments:

Post a Comment