December 21, 2012

Boracay: in my tummy

I decided to just put in a post all my Boracay food intakes, so this is going to be a loooong one! And I also decided to attack this post differently, I hope you'd notice. :p Anyhoo, the buffet meals we had were not included in this post. :)

Chicken Teriyaki
Sizzling Squid
These two dishes were from Big Mouth, it's a food corner in D'Mall and it's right after Andok's. We originally wanted to eat at Smoke but it's overflowing with people and we're starving already, then we saw Andok's but we hesitated because it's crazy to eat something that can be found or bought where we're from, so we opted for Big Mouth. And man, we regretted! Haha! Their food were below mediocre, not worth the money really. And what annoys me more was that their tagline was "Come hungry, leave happy." We came hungry and we left unsatisfied and annoyed with the food and the services. When I come back to the island, I'll make sure I won't eat there ever again.  

Chicken Curry
Bicol Express
Lechon Kawali
Chicken Teriyaki
Spicy Garlic Kangkong
Sizzling Bulalo
Mango Juice
Smoke won our hearts over! We ate there twice in our stay and I still want to try it again and again and again! They offer delicious food on a budget! Could I ask for more? When I said their food are delicious, I meant it. I died when I tasted their Sizzling Bulalo! I wanna faint and I almost forgot my name and where I am! You shouldn't miss the chance to eat here whenever you're in the island. The expensive beachfront restaurants or the sure ball ones restaurants from Manila are tempting but local finds like these are the treasures of Boracay! I swear! Double thumbs up, baby!♥

Pa-a
I wanted to try a different Chicken Inasal because I'm actually tired of Mang Inasal already. And this particular one did not disappoint! It's not dry inside and the flavor of the chicken is just right to make you wanna eat more rice! Haha! Gluttony alert!!! This small restaurant is also located in D'Mall and called Island Chicken Inasal.




Calamansi Muffins
Eggs on Toast
Marc's Melt
Tuna Melt
This was on my To Eat list and I can't miss the chance to try the famous Calamansi Muffins so I convinced my companions to eat there for breakky, we actually literally opened the restaurant! Haha! It's located somewhere in Station 1, it's not so easy to spot but there are signage to follow. Anyhoo, I'm not the biggest fan of the muffin but I liked it! And I guess, it became popular because they had it from way back when cupcakes and muffins are not a big thing.☺ When it comes to their food, I'm a fan! I love all our orders! I wasn't able to take a photo of it but we also tried Jack's Omelette and hell, it was good! The pesto was a sweet surprise for people who love pesto like yours truly! The food prices are on the pricey side but I personally think it's worth it and their servings are pretty huge and can be for sharing for bird-like-eaters! Yes, I'm judging them meanly! Haha! Instead of having breakfast at Pancake House or somewhere commercialized on the island, why don't we support the locals and try eating here instead? Real Coffee and Tea Cafe!☺

Mango Melon Shake
(L: To go. R: For here)
Jonah's Pizza
This establishment alone make me wanna fly back to Boracay! Uhm? Right now! Haha! Their shakes are to die for! And that pizza was just so cheesy, who wouldn't love it? I have a little issue with the crust but their shake makes up for it big time! Those people were not exaggerating when they said Jonah's shakes are the most amazing shake they ever tasted! I can't help but agree with them undoubtedly!  

This was taken when we had our lunch at Smoke. And now that I've said my piece, it's now up to you to where you'd eat when you visit the island. But visit the island! Please save yourself, go to Boracay, eat, enjoy, savor the moment, and have the best time of your life! I just had mine! :)


Toodles!☺
A

No comments:

Post a Comment