March 26, 2012

A Happy Ending..

"Success are achieved from all the small things done right."
-Vincent Van Gogh (c/o Chef Brando)

Culinary Arts or Baking and Pastry isn't something a lot of people recognizes whole-heartedly to be a course. In fact, it hasn't been easy, a lot of people judged and doubted my decision, but I pursued it anyway. There were times I really wanted to give up but I always tell myself when those times come that this has been my choice and I should stand firm with it, no matter what happens, no matter what other people say or no matter how other people makes me feel. I recently read in a book that when someone's experiencing a bad day, he thinks about the good days he had and that act some kinda helps him get through that bad day, then I contemplated and realized that I sometimes do that, I tend to think about the great dishes I've made or the best comments I've heard when I'm having a terrible day at the kitchen then it kind of soothes me and everything's a little better already. Maybe that had been my secret after all, that helped me to keep going, to finish something that makes me feel happy, sad, mad and a whole lot more emotions. And maybe, that's why I did it! I finished Global Culinary and Hospitality Academy's Grand Diploma program and I'm so happy about it I cannot contain my happiness that I decided to make a fuss and post something all about it.☺

"You can achieve the things those great Chefs have acquired, they just came first but you definitely can be great as well."
-Chef Terence (I wasn't able to quote Chef T word per word but the thought of what he said was kind of like that.☺)

My graduation took place at my school's main branch, at Jupiter St., Makati City and it was held last March 24, 2012. It's not a traditional course and school so you have to expect that it isn't also a traditional graduation, with a toga and all. We just wore our complete uniform. We just marched in a short aisle and we were only 22 students that came from different batches. You get the point right? I can't describe it in one word. I can't say it's perfect because it's far from it but it was just right. Well, as for me, everything felt so right.☺



We arrived extra early than the supposed call time that's why I had a chance to get a photo with my school's logo before the ceremony.☺

Sorry for the quality of the photo, these photos are the one taken from my brother's ipad. The official photos will be given 2 weeks after the ceremony. Anyway, Chef Benny, Chef Terence & Chef Brando handed each of the graduates a toque, a medal and a diploma with our TOR.☺

After Chef T and Chef B's speeches and the giving out of diplomas, it was photo op time!☺ I just had to have a photo with the Chef I owe everything I know in Culinary, he was so generous with information and it's really easy to talk to him about cooking. He's so up there but he's so grounded. He's a former Executive Chef of St. Luke's Medical Center-Global City, Chef Brando Santos!☺

 With some of my Timog batchmates.☺

If by any chance, you have noticed that I got 2 medals instead of just one, it's because I got the Academic Excellence Award given per batch. I am so happy about that! I'm mentioning that now because it was surreal. I was the only girl in this graduation batch to have gotten it, it felt like every sweat and hard work paid off!☺

I know that this course was not my parents' dream for me, but I really hope that I somehow, even just for a little bit, made them happy with what I've achieved. I wish that I kind of made them proud.☺

After the photo op, it was eating time!☺ I was not able to take a photo of all the food but here are some of the ones I got..
See the green ones? I don't know what it's called but it's my personal favorite!! It had been love at first bite! There were enough flavors in that sumptuous slice of heaven that flatters my taste buds, just enough bitterness that balances with the sweetness and a great filling in between. Aaaaah, taste of heaven!♥

I was not able to get the name of this but this was merely good. Something that I would eat but it's not something I would crave for. I can't even remember how it tasted, all I could remember is that I ate all of it but it had no impact on me, sorry I can't come up to describe how it tastes.☺

This is something everyone would love, I assure you. It tastes like Ferrero Rocher, would you believe?!☺

I was accompanied by Nanay(my mother) and Ressa(my cousin).☺ Thank you Ressa for taking the photos of me. Shout out too to my cousin Jimdrix who made the first ever header of my blog. ♥

And that's it! I hope you enjoyed reading and thank you.☺

"All those great Chefs started where you are right now."
-Chef T 



Love,
A

No comments:

Post a Comment