January 14, 2011

Nothing comes easy..


I am currently taking up Culinary Arts in GCHA and I just finished my Level 1. Our Level 1 comprises the history, knife skills, and the Culinary Arts basics. We already have made it to the kitchen but we still haven't cooked anything yet. So I'm really looking forward with my Level 2 because we will already start cooking in this level. :)

I'm fortunate enough to pass the Level 1 but some of my fellow student chefs are under probation or had already acquired their retake. Under probation means when you have been under this situation, you cannot afford to fail anything within the program. Anything means everything. Quizzes, exams, laboratory works, every single thing we do. And about the retake, every student is entitled with only 2 retakes all through out the program. This two situation varies on the student's grades. The chef weighs first the grades then decides if the student will have his retake or if he is automatically under probation.

I now then realized that nothing in this world ever comes easy. When you want something, you have to work hard to be able to earn it. Hard work is the key!

Wish me luck! :)


Love,

A

No comments:

Post a Comment