January 7, 2011

EAT, PRAY, LOVE



I have tried reading this book for three times, but every time I reach the Pray part I get bored and always stop. Forgive me for doing such stupid act. So I really got excited when I knew that the story would be shown as a movie and my favorite actress Julia Roberts will portray the role of Elizabeth Gilbert. Apparently, when it was shown here in the Philippines I haven't watched it during that time. So I was glad when I saw a DVD copy in our house on the 31st of December and I've watched it right away, most probably January 1st around 1am. :)



"There is a wonderful old Italian joke about a poor man who goes to church every day and prays before the statue of a great saint, begging: “Dear saint, please, please, please let me win the lottery.” Finally, the exasperated statue comes to life and looks down at the begging man and says: “My son, please, please, please buy a ticket.” So now l get the joke. And l’ve got three tickets." -Liz Gilbert

I love love love ITALY!! I wanna go there someday. I wanna eat there soon. I want to improve and broaden my palate. :)


"Keep grounded so it’s like you have four legs. That way, you can stay in this world. Also, no looking at world through your head. Look through your heart instead. That way, you will know God." -Ketut Liyer ♥

Because of this movie, I loved Manila more. Mnl is prettier and I guess more civilized compared to India. I got curious about meditating too and wanna try yoga someday. :)


"Ruin is a gift. Ruin is the road to transformation." -Liz Gilbert

The Love part is pretty awesome because if you'll think about it, it's the only thing Liz haven't planned. It just happened. She went back to Bali, Indonesia because Ketut Liyer said so, for her to teach Ketut English and for Ketut to teach Liz how to balance her life--enjoying & praying. But then destiny has an amazing gift--LOVE! ♥


"The only way to heal is to trust. It's okay to have a broken heart, it means you have tried for something." -Ketut Liyer

I love everything about the movie!!! It's a must watch!!! :)


"Sometimes, to lose a balance for love is part of living a balanced life." -Ketut Liyer ♥

P.S. All the quotes are from the movie. There are great quotes all through out the movie but nothing really beats the book. I promise to finish the book. And, disclaimer here, the photos used that bears some of the movie scenes were grabbed from google. :)

Love,
A

No comments:

Post a Comment