November 24, 2010

Political Rant

I joined my Tita Mercy a while ago going to the market. So when we're about to go home, a guy asked Tita M if I'm Vic's daughter and we said yes. The man suddenly told us something about politics in our place especially our baranggay. My Tatay is the outgoing Baranggay Chairman. He lost last October 25, 2010 election. And I just learned from Tita M that some people had turn their backs from my father because if ever he had won, he will be the chairman of all the chairmen in the 2nd district of Rizal. So the crab mentality of some Filipinos arises, that's why he lost! Oh, maybe I should now accept that that's the way politics here in the Philippines really works. It sucks but unfortunately it's true. I can rant all I want but it will not change the fact that my Tatay lost just because some people doesn't know how to be happy for their fellowmen. This will going to be my first and last post about my father's political adventure as a barangay chairman, we have already moved on from the lost. As my Tito Efren put it into words:

"We just lost for a day, while it's saddening that baranggay Geronimo will lose every single day of 3 years."
That's really true because my family already has the money before my father had been the chairman so nothing will change from our life status. I'm pretty sure of that and even our family friends can prove that! 3 last days of my father in the barangay then he'll fly to Macau with friends for vacation then we're going to live as normal as possible. PEACE! HAPPINESS! LOVE! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment