May 26, 2011

Hong Kong '11

Last May 11-14, I, together with my classmates, went to Hong Kong for 2011's Hong Kong Food Exhibition. Our school competed with Hong Kong's International Culinary Competition and we luckily brought home 7 medals all in all--2 golds, 3 silvers & 2 bronzes. :)


On the other note, after 10 years I had been able to travel out of the country again. Yay! :p I'm gonna tell some tidbits through the photos. :)


Arrived in NAIA Terminal 1 at exactly 6am. Our call time because our flight was at 8am. :)

Philippine airports are really disappointing. It's shameful that we have a Terminal fee. Oh, I don't wanna rant about this furthermore.

I got window seat going in and out of Manila. Just what I wanted. :) This photo was taken during boarding & minutes before take off.
Touch down HK! I had the same flight with (L-R) Jarl, Tina, Rose & Max. Plus Em & Fred but they're not in this photo. Others took Philippine Airlines & Tiger Airways, we've chosen HK Airlines. :)
Getting our luggages. :)

When we arrived in HK, we were so hungry that we ate at Burger King. Okay, don't judge us. We were SO hungry by that time! :p 
HOFEX 2011 ♥♥♥

All we had to do in Hofex was to observe, watch & eat. Free tastes baby! :)

With Rose, my room-mate in the hotel. :)

This photo was grabbed from Global Culinary & Hospitality Academy. :) I'm SO proud of my fellow Global Academy students & chef instructors. 

(L-R) Em, Joarnie, Tina, Gerlie, Myself, Rose & She

Off to eat in Causeway. :)

We drank Jack Daniels + Coke. I didn't like it. I'm really not a drinker nor a smoker. My vice is actually eating, A LOT. Hahaha :)

MTR! :) We rode MTR and a bus within those 4 days. :) 

We had a free half-day city tour so we took advantage of it. A shot from a bay. Dunno what bay though. :)

The trip was really short. If only we could extend our stay.. But we have a class on the 16th already. This was taken while we're waiting for the bus who'll gonna send us to the airport. :)

Jumpshot before checking in. :D

Jumpshot while waiting for boarding! Gate 20. :) We arrived in Manila at 12mn. :)

Group shot with Chef Brando Santos, our chef instructor and Chef Rob Pengson, one of the owners of our school Global Academy. :)

Photos can't give justice with the happiness I've felt, I assure you. :) I can't wait for my next trip with my Global friends. I hope next time, it would be more of a R&R. 


"Cooking is a passion. You do it for the love of it." -Chef Ryan Clift




Love,


A

No comments:

Post a Comment