December 10, 2010

Varieties of Cheese

Cheese is a food made from milk, usually the milk of cows, buffalo, goats, or sheep, by coagulation. The milk is acidified, typically with a bacterial culture, then the addition of the enzyme rennet or a substitute (e.g. acetic acid or vinegar) causes coagulation, to give "curds and whey". Some cheeses also have molds, either on the outer rind (similar to a fruit peel) or throughout. Cheese can be good addition to your food. -SOURCE-

STILTON CHEESE (They say this is a Roquefort cheese with a college education. I laughed when I heard that actually. It's funny right? Or am I weird? Haha)

ROQUEFORT CHEESE (The dark ones in the cheese are actually molds. Eew right? But they're hell expensive!)


PROVOLONE CHEESE


PARMESAN CHEESE (I love Parmesan! I swear do!)


MOZARELLA CHEESE (Used in Pizza.)


GOUDA CHEESE (Also known as Queso De Bola.)


GORGONZOLA CHEESE (Chef B said when it's your first time to try Blue vein cheese, you should start with this one because it's the mildest among the group then after tasting it, make your way up and taste the other.)


GOAT CHEESE (Also known as Chevre)


FETA CHEESE


EMMENTAL CHEESE (Jerry's cheese in Tom & Jerry cartoon)


CREAM CHEESE


CHEDDAR CHEESE (The most popular cheese!)



BRIE CHEESE
-SOURCE OF PHOTOS-



So I already finished my first week in school. It went fine. I was actually enjoying the information overload though I sometimes think if I can remember all the things that were being taught. I have to. No, I actually want to remember all of it by heart because I need them in the profession I want to pursue. Everything I have learned in my first week and everything I'm going to learn in the following weeks are very important. There's no such thing as not included, everything is critically needed.


So last thursday, December 09, 2010, we tackled about Cheeses. And I super enjoyed the discussion: first because Chef Brando is such a cool Chef instructor, he utter jokes once in a while and there's just so much knowledge he can and willing to share, second is because I'm really into cheese. Actually not just me, I think my whole family is into it that's why I decided to blog the information. There's just so many varieties of cheese to choose from, let us not stick with Cheddar and Gouda which are the two most commonly used. It's good to widen our tasting capacity and try everything else. So right now, I'm planning to buy different types of cheese to taste it. It's actually for me, Chefs has been telling us to broaden the horizon of our taste buds and I really can't wait to start from these cheeses. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment