September 22, 2012

Hopeless Romantic

I have been M.I.A. because I don't have anything to write about or everytime I try to type something, I always run out of words. But I decided to try my luck now because while I'm watching videos on youtube, it suddenly struck me that I wanted to share my take on THE four letter word, so famous and so complicated due to its broad meaning.

Even though I come across with the realities of real life relationships of the people around me, I still freaking believe in love. And it's just not simply love, I believe in the kind of love that conquers all; the love that sees no wrongs; the love that accepts your whole being-both the good and the bad; the love that is so pure, it's always forgiving; the love that no one can break apart; the love that every girl is asking for since they turned 10. Subconsciously or should I say when l'm not dreaming, I know that I'm being idealistic with these thoughts. I'm too positive about love that it's becoming unreal anymore.

Am I the one to blame for my belief? Or should we blame the authors of those amazingly put novels? As well as the writers of those tv shows and movies that fires up these beliefs? These stories being told or being shown are so good we actually believe all of it to be possible in reality. Is it really possible to meet the one person who'll love you forever? Is forever just a word? Has love lost its meaning in this crazy world we're living? I can go on and on with my questions, but the answers are still uncertain.

Nicholas Sparks made girls believe that a man can change from bad to good for a girl, that he can do anything and everything to prove his love, that he can keep his promise even after years together or even apart, and 'til death do us part is actually lived.

Friends With Benefits and A Lot Like Love showed that men can be capable of grand gestures. I'm supposed to put clips here but youtube isn't cooperating with me so I'm just gonna describe the scene I'm talking about. In FwB, Dylan(Justin Timberlake) had a flash mob dancing over Closing Time in Grand Central Station to apologize to Jamie(Mila Kunis). Dylan said, "You said you wanted your life to be like a movie. Sorry I had to use the real Grand Central instead of the fake one." I can't find the Grand Central Station scene so here's the Friends With benefits trailer instead. ☺
In A Lot Like Love, Ollie(Ashton Kutcher) sang while playing the bass Bon Jovi's I'll Be There For You in front of Emily's(Amanda Peete) apartment. I'm so happy I found a clip of it! Enjoy watching!♥

When Harry Met Sally, City of Angels, and If Only showed that men can love truthfully, deeply, and irrevocably.
"And I love that you are the last person I wanna talk to before I sleep at night, and it's not because I'm lonely, and it's not because it's new year's eve. I came here tonight because when you realize you wanna spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible." -Harry
"I would rather have had one breath of her hair, one kiss of her mouth, one touch of her hand, than an eternity without it. One." -Seth
"If not for today, if not for you, I would never have known love at all. So thank you for being the person who taught me to love and to be loved." -Ian

I believe in these things and I hope my belief is so strong it manifests to come out in reality. But as I wish for these grand gestures, confessing of love, and living up with the promises made; I'm fully aware that those things are not the whole part of it and that life is not like the novels, movies, or series; there's no happily ever after. But I think that's not a reason to be down and to stop believing in these amazing things. I personally think that love is worth all of it. The happiness felt from love is far more fulfilling to lose hope for it.

I'm gonna end this post with a comparison, for example, a dish to be able to taste great has to be full of flavors--combinations of sweetness, tangy-ness, bitterness, saltiness, and with a little bit of spice, in different amounts depending on the person's preference because we each have our own. Like in love. It's going to be combinations of different emotions, but that doesn't mean it's not gonna be perfect because when all of those things are put together, it's gonna create a great product everyone will gonna be envious about. But if love is like cooking, it's not also gonna be easy and it's gonna take time, patience and determination, and after all that, there will always gonna be competition.




A

No comments:

Post a Comment